It has been a testing year for everyone, including charity leaders, many of whom are facing increased demand with reduced resources in a tough influencing environment. We are looking for a head of advocacy who can think boldly and creatively to address these challenges.
ACEVO is the network for social sector CEOs, here to inspire and support our members throughout their careers, to help them create the biggest possible difference. We want someone whose advocacy and communications work is built on values of inclusion, collaboration and mobilisation.
ACEVO’s vision for its advocacy work is to help shape the agenda on issues that matter to our members, and ensure their voices are heard by those who have the power to effect change.
You will help us:
- Support and enable our members to lead strong, sustainable organisations that meet the needs of their beneficiaries.
- Celebrate the dedication, professionalism and expertise of civil society leaders.
- Represent the experiences and needs of our membership to those with the ability to make positive changes for the sector.
- Stimulate debate that guides the improvement of sector standards and stronger leadership.
- Work with partner organisations to drive collective cross-sector change.
- Mobilise our members to work alongside us to achieve ambitious changes to policies that negatively impact civil society.
- Achieve political change by pursuing reforms which are both aspirational and practical.
You will head up ACEVO’s small but impactful advocacy team and set our advocacy, policy and external comms priorities in line with our organisational strategic objectives. You will oversee our output of policy positions, research, briefings, press statements and reports. You will work with the chief executive to set the tone and agree the messaging for our external communications.
You will be a key part of the senior management team, contributing to both the development of our strategy and effective delivery of our strategic objectives.
We welcome applications from people seeking flexible working. The current post-holder works 28 hours a week, but we welcome applications from those seeking a five-day week, or from job-share applicants. You will be home based but with frequent visits to London to meet up with the team and attend events (one to three times a week when Covid regulations allow).
We’re offering a salary of £50k (FTE), 28 days holiday a year (plus bank holidays) and good pension benefits. In our most recent staff survey, 100% of our team said they enjoy their job and would recommend ACEVO as a great place to work.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to a Zoom-based interview between 10-12 May, with second interviews for finalists being held on 17-19 May.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.