Overview of the role:
You will be responsible for the efficient running of ACEVO’s general administration and office location. In addition, you will work alongside colleagues across a small team to provide administrative support for specific work areas including membership, events, member support, policy and corporate partnerships. You will be the first port of call for our members, partners and suppliers - be it via phone, email or face to face - so will have a real desire to deliver great customer service, taking initiative and personal responsibility to answer queries and solve issues and problems, in a friendly and professional manner.
The position is full time, but we welcome applications from people seeking flexible working or from job-share applicants. We have an office in central London operating on a hot desk system: you will be home-based with the opportunity to work in the office if you so choose.
We’re offering a salary of £25k, 28 days holiday a year (plus bank holidays), and good pension benefits. In our most recent staff survey, 100% of our team said they enjoy their job and would recommend ACEVO as a great place to work.
This role will suit someone who is personable, has a can-do attitude and enjoys working as part of a small team. The job is customer-focused so a friendly positive demeanour is a must. Supplying support across the organisation you should be task-oriented, have great attention to detail and be able to prioritise workload. The position suits someone who is collaborative and able to work under their own initiative.
• Voluntary or paid experience in an administrator/customer service role.
• Good levels of literacy, numeracy and accuracy.
• Proficient use of MS Office packages.
• Confident phone manner and a good understanding of delivering great customer service.
• Experience in working with databases: Salesforce would be desirable.
• Excellent administrative, organisation, problem-solving and planning skills.
• Excellent relationship building skills across staff, members, partners and stakeholders.
• Willing to take personal responsibility for delivering high-quality results.
• Able to manage customer expectations and recognise when to deal with issues independently and when to escalate issues to a higher level.
• An interest in charities and the civil society sector.
For more information, please refer to the job description.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.