Our Fundraising & Communications department is seeking to grow, and with a new strategic cycle beginning in 2021, we are looking for an experienced challenge event fundraiser and effective relationship manager to help us grow our income.
For 40 years, across nearly 50 countries, Action Against Hunger has led the global fight against hunger. We save the lives of children and their families. We are there for them before and after disaster strikes. We enable people to provide for themselves, see their children grow up strong, and build prosperous communities
The successful candidate will manage and grow our established annual Ambassador Challenge. This project sees hospitality industry ambassadors raise funds by taking on a sporting challenge, such as a long-distance trek or cycle, in a country that Action Against Hunger works in, before visiting our programmes there. In addition, this role will support the growth of Action Against Hunger’s work with influencers and high-profile supporters, cultivating new relationships, developing new fundraising products and inspiring action.
This role will suit an experienced challenge event fundraiser, passionate about nurturing supporters through the highest standards of relationship building. You’ll need to be a creative, innovative and adaptable communicator, confident in your ability to build relationships and influence effectively. A personable, practical and highly organised multi-tasker who enjoys supporting individuals to achieve their fundraising goals.
This role will require international travel once a year to manage and participate in our Ambassador Challenge. In addition, the role will involve occasional UK travel to nurture key relationships or attend events, and the post-holder must therefore be able to work at occasional evening/weekend events.
Please read the following carefully before making your application:
- As a UK based position, candidates must have the right to work in the UK
- We positively welcome applications from all sections of the community
- You can only be considered for this role if you meet the essential criteria in the person specification. You should use the "cover letter" section of the online application to demonstrate this.
- Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we will only contact shortlisted candidates, within one week of the closing date. Unfortunately we cannot provide individual feedback.
- If you experience any technical difficulties in submitting your application, please contact the charityjob helpdesk
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.