Action Against Hunger have established a strong platform for the growth of their public engagement fundraising. For example, they rebranded in 2016, they became members of the Disasters Emergency Committee in 2018, and they launched a new website optimised for a public audience in 2020.
Using the platform of their increasing profile, a priority objective of their strategy for the next five years is to establish a significant long-term sustainable income stream. Public engagement is a key feature of this strategy.
- Lead a team of five across public engagement that includes individual giving, legacy, supporter care, database and community
- Long term aim is to double income over five years to £1 million
- This is an important income stream for the charity and has full backing from senior leadership and the board
- They are looking for someone who is able to drive the programme forward and realise the potential of the strategy in place
- The role would suit an experienced senior manager or a current head of looking for their next challenge
- Expertise in the following areas is desirable: digital fundraising, donor acquisition and international development
Closing date of 19 April, with CV and supporting statement as submission documents. Interviews to be held 26-27 April.
- The charity is incredibly flexible. Their 'where you work' policy allows employees to have total flexibility over their working weeks, including having no core hours at all. 2-3 days WFH is also accepted
- Up to 4% pension contribution
- Private medical insurance
- Interest-free season ticket loan
- 25 days leave plus bank holidays (rising to 30 after 4 yrs’ service)
- Discounted gym membership
To apply for this role, please click Apply on website and submit your CV to Janice Hardy at QuarterFive Fundraising Recruitment. If your experience is a good fit, we will send you a job description and arrange a briefing call or meeting that will provide you with all the information required to formally apply. QuarterFive aims to proactively support your job search, so we may also consider your details for other job vacancies to enable us to find a position that is most suitable for you.