Salary: £25,547 - £26,318 - pro rata
This role is 28 hours a week
ActionAid UK is a member of the ActionAid Federation, an international charity that works with women and girls living in poverty.
As part of the ActionAid Federation, we work with women and girls, our partners, and dedicated staff in 43 countries to end violence and fight poverty so that all women, everywhere, can create the future they want.
We are looking for a Department Assistant to provide administrative support to the Fundraising Department, primarily the Director of Fundraising and Fundraising Senior Leadership Team (FSLT).
As Department Assistant you will support the Director of Fundraising with proactive diary management, planning and prioritisation of tasks, budget administration support, and preparation for meetings. You will also support FSLT meetings, and lead on arrangements for other department initiatives like away days, updating the departmental intranet site, and various other departmental support.
- Experience in diary management, including meeting planning, scheduling and prioritisation
- Experience in budget administration, including processing of invoices and expenses
- Experience in planning and supporting meetings, including agenda preparation and minute-taking
- Highly organised approach and good attention to detail
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Engages with and committed to AAUK's mission, vision, values, strategic aims and feminist behaviours
- Experience of international development and fundraising sector
- Experience of Microsoft Outlook, Office, Excel, Teams and SharePoint
ActionAid is committed to supporting flexible working. If you would like to discuss flexible working options, including the possibility of a job share for this role, there will be space to do so during the interview process.
We are committed to continually improving the diversity of our workforce and therefore encourage applications from people of colour, the LGBTQI+ community, the trans community, and those with a disability.