About the role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an ambitious Community and Corporate Fundraiser who will take operational responsibility for corporate and community fundraising efforts. In this role, you will build on proven and successful funding streams and generate new funding opportunities.
The pro-rata salary for 21 hours is £15,750 to £17,500, dependent on experience.
Key responsibilities include:
In this varied role you will:
- Nurture, maintain and develop relationships with companies that currently provide support and donations.
- Establish new corporate partnerships.
- Confidently pursue fundraising opportunities, whether they be high net worth individuals, community fundraising, legacies or challenges and events.
- Encourage and facilitate community groups, associations and individuals to fundraise on our behalf.
- Write reports and updates to keep funders informed of the positive impact of their support.
This role reports directly into the CEO, and the post holder will be able to work independently and build effective relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Have a proven track record of independently generating income
- Have a desire to meet targets and ability to work flexibly towards those targets
- Be able to independently prepare high quality written material.
- Be a persuasive and natural communicator who is able to present and talk passionately and appropriately about carer related matters.
- Have knowledge or understanding of the carers’ landscape.
- Have proven competence in standard Microsoft products plus databases, data analysis and report writing/generation.
- Be able to manage time effectively
- Be able to use own initiative, be resilient and work without direct supervision.
Under current Covid-19 restrictions, this role is home based, with some of your induction being completed in the office. However, when restrictions are lifted you will be expected to split your working week between home and our offices in Burpham, Guildford.
Action for Carers (Surrey) has a vision ‘to enable all unpaid carers to have a voice and access support to improve their quality of life and wellbeing.’ You will be joining a committed, passionate charity determined to make a difference to young and adult unpaid carers across Surrey.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.