Location: York (with travel required around Yorkshire)
Contract: Permanent, Full Time, 35 hours per week
Salary: £24,200 per annum
How do we work?
Action for Children does what's right, does what's needed and does what works for children across the UK. Every year, our team changes the lives of 301,000 children, young people and their families - but for every child who needs help to get help, there's plenty more to do. That's where you come in.
How will you make a difference?
- By being the face of Action for Children at local events and promoting the amazing work we do.
- By researching and contacting local businesses, organisations, groups, schools and universities to encourage them to organise fundraising events.
- By delivering talks and presentations in order to promote the charity and generate more fundraising activities in the area.
- By responding to fundraising queries, creating publicity materials and ordering resources for events.
- By visiting Action for Children's services in the locality.
- By completing administrative tasks such as keeping donor records up to date on our database in line with GDPR.
- By monitoring financial information and working towards monthly and annual fundraising targets.
- By writing thank you letters to our wonderful supporters.
What will you need?
- Experience of fundraising is preferable - this can be through employment, voluntary work or organising your own fundraising activities.
- Ability to work with the local community including businesses, church partnerships and community groups.
- Enthusiastic, fun and creative personality with plenty of ideas to help fulfil our fundraising ambitions.
- Excellent communication skills including face-to-face, telephone and written contact.
- Good I.T skills including Microsoft Office and understanding of database systems.
- Confident in public speaking and delivering information to a wide range of audiences.
- Competent in working with financial information.
- Comfortable working within a target driven environment.
- Educated to A Level standard or equivalent.
- Full driving licence and access to own vehicle due to travel required across Yorkshire and the North East.
- Ability to work flexibly as evening and weekend work will be required on occasion.
- Minimum 29 days' holiday.
- Flexible working including maternity, paternity and adoption packages.
- Company pension scheme.
- Discounts at major high street retailers.
This is a fantastic opportunity to make a real difference to vulnerable children's lives and to build a fulfilling and meaningful career with a leading UK children's charity.
Action for Children is committed to safer recruitment practices, designed to protect the welfare of the children and young people using our services.
Please read the Job Description (document below) carefully, and if you meet all the criteria and would like to proceed with your application, you'll be redirected to an application form on our website. Please have your CV available to upload. As this job involves working around children, there are some specific questions we need to ask you as part of your application process. Thanks for taking the time to apply and we wish you the best of luck!
For more information on this opportunity please contact Ewelina on 07776 657442 or email her at
Interview dates scheduled for 11th September. Please note, that the position may close earlier than advertised if a large amount of applications is received.
We are committed to safer recruitment practices to protect our service users, therefore all applicants are expected to have an understanding of and commitment to safeguarding best-practice.
Action for Children is passionate about promoting equality, valuing diversity and working inclusively. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons particularly people with Disabilities and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic applicants, as these groups are currently under-represented in our workforce.