Digital Content Manager (4315)
London but could be home-based with regular travel to the office
Circa £37,000 per annum, inclusive of Inner London Weighting (if applicable)
Full-Time (working 35 hours a week), generally office hours Monday to Friday
Spreading the word and making sure people know about our life-changing work.
The Digital Engagement team is responsible for Action for Children's external digital and social channels. We make sure that our audiences are at the heart of everything we do. We help to understand business drivers, identify solutions and inspire people to support our work with children, young people and their families.
Either based at our London office or home-based with regular travel to the office, you'll lead Action for Children in developing inspiring, user-centred content across all of our digital channels to make sure our content is accessible, inspiring and in line with the organisation's values.
You will make a difference by:
- Acting as the editorial lead for digital content at Action for Children.
- Leading and inspiring the digital content team to produce audience-centred content for websites, emails, social media and advertising, in order to drive support for Action for Children.
- Working with Social Media and the Media team to proactively spot opportunities for newsworthy or trending content that is relevant to Action for Children and its audiences.
- Supporting the development of our website and its content management system, working with our digital agency and the Digital Platform Manager.
- Developing and managing an SEO strategy for our website and Action for Children's other external platforms and ensuring all web content is SEO-friendly.
- Managing the digital content team, covering website content and social media, to support proactive and linear planning of activity across digital channels.
- Working with the Digital Marketing Manager to set and report on KPIs for digital content.
You will need:
- To be educated to degree level.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Excellent attention to detail and proof-reading skills.
- Working knowledge of User Experience (UX), Content Management Systems (CMS), Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) and Social Media.
- Experience of project management.
- Line management experience including target setting and reporting.
- Knowledge of digital editorial and/or journalism.
The way we work
We work to make sure every child and young person has the love, support and opportunity they need to reach their potential. If you share the same vision, we want you to join our team. Have a look at our behaviours and values to understand more about the way we work here.
We want our employees to feel valued and rewarded for the vital work they do. When you work with us, we'll recognise your efforts with generous annual leave, a comprehensive employer-matched pension scheme and a range of deals and discounts on our dedicated benefits portal. Find out more about our exclusive Action for Children benefits here.
For safe and happy childhoods
At Action for Children, we protect and support children and young people, providing practical and emotional care and support, ensuring their voices are heard, and campaigning to bring lasting improvements to their lives. Last year, we helped more than 387,000 children and families across the UK.
For more information and to apply, please visit our website via the apply button.
Please note: Interviews are planned to be held on 12th and 13th November 2020.
We are committed to safer recruitment practices to protect our service users; therefore, all applicants are expected to have an understanding of and commitment to safeguarding best-practice.
Action for Children is passionate about promoting equality, valuing diversity and working inclusively. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons particularly people with Disabilities and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic applicants, as these groups are currently under-represented in our workforce.