Over the last year we hit the milestone of raising £1M through digital fundraising. This year, we want someone to join the team to help us grow our digital fundraising campaigns to raise even more money to help vulnerable children.
It's an exciting time for Action for Children with the Digital Fundraising team, in particular, a key focus for investment. We are a small ambitious team and you will get experience testing new fundraising products, running integrated fundraising campaigns and creating new lead generation magnets.
You will make a difference by:
- Creating digital ads and writing compelling fundraising copy which will motivate the public to support Action for Children.
- Running digital fundraising campaigns from start to finish – creating ads, writing landing page copy, optimising paid digital activity, reporting on results and ensuring that they deliver to target.
- Working with a fantastic media agency to run our larger campaigns but, for smaller ones, using Google and Facebook ad campaigns.
- Producing and monitoring results regularly, including analysis, to inform future campaigns and to make improvements and cost savings to existing and new campaigns.
- Monitoring and reporting on performance, income and expenditure for assigned channels / campaigns.
You will need:
- Experience in a digital fundraising or digital marketing role, to include planning and delivering digital campaigns, achieving desired targets and reporting on impact.
- Proven ability to write and edit highly engaging fundraising copy across online channels (email, website, paid ads), with demonstrable skills in being clear and concise.
- Strong Google Ads / PPC experience to complement the skills set of the existing team.
- Experience using Google Analytics to analyse campaign performance.
- Good knowledge of digital marketing techniques including email communications, search marketing and social advertising.
- Ability to produce accurate analysis of relevant analytics or research and produce jargon free summaries.
- Ability to work independently and proactively, to prioritise work and meet deadlines with well-developed time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to develop good working relationships.
- Experience running paid digital campaigns (PPC, display, social advertising) ability to use FB Ad Manager, Google Ads to run campaigns in-house.
- Experience of project management, including delivering to timescales and budgets.
- Ability to implement marketing tracking and tags to ensure donations are attributed correctly.
- Ability to use photo editing software such as Photoshop.
The way we work
We work to make sure every child and young person has the love, support and opportunity they need to reach their potential. If you share the same vision, we want you to join our team. Have a look at our behaviours and values to understand more about the way we work here.
We want our employees to feel valued and rewarded for the vital work they do. When you work with us, we'll recognise your efforts with generous annual leave, a comprehensive employer-matched pension scheme and a range of deals and discounts on our dedicated benefits portal. Find out more about our exclusive Action for Children benefits here.
For safe and happy childhoods
At Action for Children, we protect and support children and young people, providing practical and emotional care and support, ensuring their voices are heard, and campaigning to bring lasting improvements to their lives. Last year, we helped more than 387,000 children and families across the UK.
Please note: Interviews are planned to be held, via Microsoft Teams, on Wednesday 28th April 2021.
We are committed to safer recruitment practices to protect our service users; therefore, all applicants are expected to have an understanding of and commitment to safeguarding best-practice.
Action for Children is passionate about promoting equality, valuing diversity and working inclusively. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons particularly people with Disabilities and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic applicants, as these groups are currently under-represented in our workforce.