Digital Platform Manager (4314)
London but could be home-based with regular travel to the office
Circa £37,000 per annum, inclusive of Inner London Weighting
Full-Time (working 35 hours a week), generally office hours Monday to Friday
Spreading the word and making sure people know about our life-changing work.
The Digital Engagement team is responsible for Action for Children's external digital and social channels. We make sure that our audiences are at the heart of everything we do. We help to understand business drivers, identify solutions and inspire people to support our work with children, young people and their families.
Either based at our London office or home-based with regular travel to the office, you'll manage and be accountable for our external platforms and websites enabling our supporters and website users to understand Action for Children's work and take actions via our websites.
You will make a difference by:
- Developing the strategy and manage the improvements of all Action for Children's websites and platforms.
- Leading the development programme of our website and its content management system.
- Interrogating briefs and helping teams to define technical and User Experience requirements for any website design or function.
- Supporting the Digital Engagement Lead in the preparation of investment cases for any new development.
- Line managing Digital Project Managers as/when required.
- Being responsible for delivering against and reporting on KPIs.
You will need:
- To be educated to degree level.
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to translate and communicate clearly between technical and non-technical colleagues.
- The ability to multitask and delegate effectively.
- Excellent time management skills and able to prioritise effectively.
- Experience of project management (agile) and managing budgets.
- Good knowledge of Google Analytics, User Experience (UX) and A/B testing and pilots.
- Experience of Line Management.
- Experience of working with developers and CMS.
The way we work
We work to make sure every child and young person has the love, support and opportunity they need to reach their potential. If you share the same vision, we want you to join our team. Have a look at our behaviours and values to understand more about the way we work here.
We want our employees to feel valued and rewarded for the vital work they do. When you work with us, we'll recognise your efforts with generous annual leave, a comprehensive employer-matched pension scheme and a range of deals and discounts on our dedicated benefits portal. Find out more about our exclusive Action for Children benefits here.
For safe and happy childhoods
At Action for Children, we protect and support children and young people, providing practical and emotional care and support, ensuring their voices are heard, and campaigning to bring lasting improvements to their lives. Last year, we helped more than 387,000 children and families across the UK.
For more information and to apply, please visit our website via the apply button.
Please note: Interviews are planned to be held on 12th and 13th November 2020.
We are committed to safer recruitment practices to protect our service users; therefore, all applicants are expected to have an understanding of and commitment to safeguarding best-practice.
Action for Children is passionate about promoting equality, valuing diversity and working inclusively. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons particularly people with Disabilities and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic applicants, as these groups are currently under-represented in our workforce.