Location: Holborn, London
Are you experienced in supporting senior executive functions within a complex organisation? Do you want the opportunity to work in an organisation with great moral and social values?
How we work:
Action for Children does what's right, does what's needed and does what works for children in the UK. Every year our team changes the lives of 400,000 children, young people and families.
How you'll make a difference:
Based in our Holborn offices, you will closely work with our Chair of Trustees and Head of Governance to ensure Action for Children delivers effective and high quality governance. You will act as a timely first point of contact and administrative support on Governance matters for the Governance team and to the Trustees.
You will do this through a wide variety of activities, surrounding subjects such as:
- Proactive management of diaries for the Chair of Trustees, ensuring a response is provided for urgent items, referring issues to the relevant staff member and keeping the Chair is updated on the issue and actions taken
- Managing facilities, travel and accommodation arrangements
- Ensuring follow up actions, arising from meetings and/or tasks as determined by the Head of Governance or Chair of Trustees are actioned, utilising work tracking procedures to monitor progress and eventual completion of tasks
- Building effective working relationships with all trustees, co-opted members, Executive Leadership Team and Senior Managers, to enable effective strategic management of the charity and expeditious and accurate responses to matters of governance
- Supporting the monitoring and evaluating of governance systems, implementing changes where needed that are compliant with legal, regulatory and constitutional requirements - facilitating all necessary actions
A full list of activities is outlined in the job description.
What you'll need:
- Experience of providing executive level support, including travel and finalising an itinerary
- Experience of organising and servicing meetings
- Demonstrable administrative skills
- Evidence of continued professional and personal development
- Knowledge of and understanding of organisation and management of a charity
- Ability to develop and building effective communication and working relationships
- Attention to detail with demonstrable organisational and planning skills
- Good command of written and verbal English
- Ability to effectively utilize Microsoft outlook packages
It is also important to note that a degree level education is preferable
The benefits and rewards:
- Salary £32,333 (including ILW allowance)
- Minimum 29 days' holiday (pro rata)
- Flexible working, including maternity, paternity and adoption packages
- Season ticket travel loans
- Company pension scheme
- Discounts at major high street retailers
This is a real chance to make a real supportive difference to vulnerable children's lives and to build a fulfilling and meaningful career with a leading UK children's charity.
Action for Children is committed to safer recruitment practices, designed to protect the welfare of the children and young people using our services.
Shortlisting date: 28 June 2019
Interview Date: Early July 2019 - final date TBC. If you have planned holiday around this time please make us aware in your personal statement.
If you have any questions please contact Saima Khan quoting reference 2049 on
We are committed to safer recruitment practices to protect our service users, therefore all applicants are expected to have an understanding of and commitment to safeguarding best-practice.
Action for Children is passionate about promoting equality, valuing diversity and working inclusively. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons particularly people with Disabilities and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic applicants, as these groups are currently under-represented in our workforce.