We offer 29 days holiday plus public/bank holidays, flexible maternity, adoption and paternity packages, pension scheme where we contribute up to 7%, an employee discount portal and much more.
Action for Children aims to deliver substantial growth from our high value audience over the next five years, with the High Value Operations team playing a vital role in achieving that ambition, working together with the Philanthropy, Partnerships and Events teams.
As the High Value Communications Officer, you will produce compelling donor communication materials and funding proposals for high value donors, managing strategic grants, and supporting funding opportunities across the team.
You will make a difference by:
- Ensuring that high value fundraisers have a suite of ‘off the shelf' content they need to inspire and engage potential and existing supporters.
- Writing high quality strategic proposals, concept notes and other fundraising materials for major donors, trusts and foundations and corporate donors.
- Providing high quality grant management and reporting for strategic grants.
- Developing internal relationships across the organisation to ensure fundraising materials include sufficient evidence, case studies, quotes, photos, and programmatic information.
-Acting as the “go to” for information and advising fundraisers on the funding priorities across the organisation and effectively communicate with fundraisers the programmes which have scope for expansion and growth.
What are we looking for from you?
- Experience of producing high quality written materials that are tailored to the needs of internal or external audiences.
- Experience of working both independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent inter-personal and relationship-building skills, with the ability to establish good working relationships with colleagues in different departments.
- The ability to translate technical programme information into compelling donor. communications for different audiences, including businesses, high net worth individuals, trusts and foundations.
-The ability to interpret and analyse financial information relating to project budgets, query inaccuracies and present this information in a donor friendly way.
Interviews are provisionally scheduled for week commencing 25th October 2021.
The way we work
We work to make sure every child and young person has the love, support and opportunity they need to reach their potential. If you share the same vision, we want you to join our team. Learn more about our behaviours and values to understand more about the way we work on our Action for Children website.
For safe and happy childhoods
At Action for Children, we protect and support children and young people, providing practical and emotional care and support, ensuring their voices are heard, and campaigning to bring lasting improvements to their lives. Last year, we helped more than 600,000 children and families across the UK.
We are committed to safer recruitment practices to protect our service users; therefore, all applicants are expected to have an understanding of and commitment to safeguarding best-practice.
Action for Children is passionate about promoting equality, celebrating diversity and working inclusively. We value and welcome applications from anyone with the skills and experience for the role. People with disabilities, and those from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic communities are currently under-represented in our teams. We're working to change this and we particularly welcome applicants from these groups.