A career that's life-changing
Location - Cardiff, Wales
Contract - Permanent Full-Time, 35 hour working week with some flexibility to work from home
Salary - Up to £28,000 per annum, Dependent on experience
Closing Date:13 September 2019
Action for Children
Every year, Action for Children impacts on the lives of 310,000 children, young people and their families across the UK, through our professional and committed workforce of c.4700.
We now have a fantastic opportunity to join the People Advice team. This role will see you providing a quality point of contact for all colleagues and to ensure HR systems updates are processed in a timely manner. You will deliver a responsive, high quality customer focused service, applying all changes in line with Action for Children's Human Resources policies, procedures, guidance notes and current legislation.
- Provide a first point of contact for all staff and managers regarding HR Systems, updating system requests, contracts, changes in salaries and reporting lines
- Provide advice to staff and managers regarding HR policies and procedures, ensuring more in-depth advice requests are passed to People Advisers where necessary and escalating to the People Advice Partner any cases that are of a higher level
- Proactively troubleshoot issues that arise within the HR Systems that support the service delivery of the People Advice Team, prior to escalating to the HRIS team for further troubleshooting expertise
- Be the first point of contact for any testing and delivery of new system functionality for the HR information systems
- Ensure the People Advice Team, standard operating procedures are kept up to date regarding all HR information systems
- Be the technical lead within the People Advice Team for human resources management systems, undertaking training were required and then delivering the training to the rest of the People Advice Team
- Maintain confidentiality at all times, in particular to sensitive HR data
- Educated to degree level or have the equivalent work experiences
- Experience of managing casework
- Experience of advising, guiding and directing management with the application of HR policies, procedures and guidance
- Previous experience in People systems - (iTrent) and systems issues/fixes/report generation
- iTrent experience is essential for this role - a minimum of 1 year will be considered
- Demonstrable experience of managing and organising a challenging workload, including prioritisation
- Previous experience of systems administration
- Ability to build credibility for self and the service by establishing and developing excellent relationships
- Numerical, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to select, analyse and interpret data
- Demonstrable use of Microsoft packages including Excel and Outlook
Please refer to the full job description and person specification on our website for further information.
We offer a highly competitive salary, with a minimum of 7 weeks leave (i.e. 29 days' plus bank holidays), an excellent company pension scheme, regular and supportive supervision, season ticket travel loan facility, interest free Development Loans and discounts at major high street retailers. Plus, a lot more.
We look forward to you applying!
We are committed to safer recruitment practices to protect our service users, therefore all applicants are expected to have an understanding of and commitment to safeguarding best-practice.
Action for Children is passionate about promoting equality, valuing diversity and working inclusively. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons particularly people with Disabilities and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic applicants, as these groups are currently under-represented in our workforce.