Salary: Up to £50,000 per annum
Benefits: Annual leave of 29 days (pro-rata) PLUS public holidays, flexible maternity, adoption and paternity packages, annual staff awards, up to 7% employer contribution pension scheme, employee discount portal with all your favourite brands, check out more on our careers portal.
Contract/Hours: Permanent Full Time, Working 37 hours per week Monday - Friday
Location: Gateshead, Newcastle upon Tyne
Closing Date: Midnight on Friday 15th July 2022, We may stop taking applications early than advertised if we find the right person. So, try to get your application in early.
We're thrilled that you're considering a career with Action for Children so here's what you need to know….
Action for Children supported circa 600,000 children and families through our local services last year, but we want to be able to do more. By building on what we do - growing and delivering more services in more communities across the UK and the Republic of Ireland, we will be able to provide more emotional and practical care and support to children and young people who need it.
About the Role:
Do you have a strong background in children's residential care? Are you focused and passionate about changing the lives of children and young people for the better? We have a unique opportunity for an experienced registered manager to join our team in the North East. These are exciting, challenging and rewarding roles with the opportunity to make a huge personal impact. The role will be based in Gateshead.
Due to continuing expansion, Action for Children is in the process of developing its residential homes for children and young people who are looked after. This is an incredibly exciting time to join a dynamic leadership team in the North East contributing to an innovative UK wide programme. Our successful applicant will have a real opportunity to build a team who will improve the outcomes of children and young people by providing trauma-informed, compassionate care for young people in a safe, stable and loving homes for them to live and thrive in. The successful candidate will bring with them their experience of working in ‘Good' or ‘Outstanding' Children's Homes.
What makes this Registered Manager role different to other similar roles is that you will be working a standard 37-hour week, mainly from Monday to Friday. Our children's home in Gateshead will accommodate a maximum of 4 young people at any one time. In addition, the Registered Manager will rarely be required to work as part of the shift or to sleep-in, although an additional payment for any sleep-in duties will be made. The Registered Manager will be on call a minimum of one week in eight and also provide on call cover to cover sickness and annual leave when required, for which £700 per annum will be paid in addition to your basic salary
As Registered Manager you will work with a range of professionals to ensure the children and young people you support develop to their full potential. You will lead, inspire and motivate your team to hold the highest aspirations for children and young people and will liaise closely with Ofsted to ensure regulatory compliance and excellence. We will actively support you in your role and provide you and your team with specialist training, development and supervision.
You will make a difference by:
- Being responsible for the day-to-day management of a residential home which provides care and support to four young people, including safeguarding and Health & Safety matters, ensuring that all regulating body's expectations are met.
- Supporting Young People to achieve positive outcomes.
- Working within a Therapeutic model of care that has been specifically designed to support staff in providing trauma-informed, compassionate care for young people in residential care.
- Being knowledgeable and responsible for the safeguarding of young people.
- Link working with young people (managing paperwork and files).
- Managing a delegated budget, ensuring effective and efficient management of expenditure in the home.
What You'll Bring:
In this role, you'll contribute to our vision of ensuring safe and happy childhoods. To achieve that real change to vulnerable children, young people and families, there'll be certain qualities that you will have.
Our job description for the Registered Manager outlines the requirements of the role but the ‘must-haves' are:
- Level 5 qualification (e.g. Diploma in Leadership and management of Residential Childcare).
- Substantial managerial experience working within a residential home for children.
- Successful track record with OFSTED outcomes (Good or Outstanding)
- Experience of managing staff and volunteers.
- An understanding of attachment theory and impact of adverse childhood experiences on the development and behaviour of children and young people.
- A real compassionate and positive attitude is a MUST.
- We can't wait to hear from you – stay safe and happy.
Action for Children is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce for staff, volunteers and the children and young people we support. We value the diversity of our staff and are dedicated to becoming the most inclusive Children's charity where all staff can thrive and be themselves. Therefore, we are actively encouraging applications from underrepresented groups, particularly people with a disability and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic candidates as they are under-represented within our organisation.
We are committed to our Diversity & Inclusion strategy and to becoming an anti-racist organisation.
We'll be happy to give you any support you require.