At Action for Children, we believe that every child should have a safe and happy childhood.
We're committed to ensuring that every child is given the opportunity to thrive. We protect and support vulnerable children, young people and their families by giving them the practical and emotional care and support they need.
Last year, we helped more than 600,000 children and families across the UK. We work to ensure their voices are heard, and campaign to bring lasting change to their lives.
What you'll be doing:
Action for Children aims to deliver substantial growth from our high value audience over the next five years, with the Events team playing a vital role in achieving that ambition, working together with the Philanthropy and High Value Operations teams.
As Senior Events Officer you will lead on the delivery of outstanding events within the team portfolio across three strategic areas: high value fundraising, supporter stewardship and internal engagement. You will drive engagement and stewardship across multiple stakeholder audiences, ensuring plans and processes are in place to deliver successful outcomes in line with business plans.
You'll do this by:
- Leading on the delivery of a number of external events that will enable the charity to achieve its vision and mission, ensuring budgets are met and successful outcomes achieved. Focusing on maximising existing committee-led events and the creative development of new fundraising and stewardship event opportunities.
- Leading on the delivery of a number of internal events to engage and inspire staff (i.e., staff conferences, awards and webinars).
- Initiating and developing long-term relationships with high value committee members and supporters to deliver challenging income targets, guaranteeing outstanding supporter care and ensuring that all events achieve their maximum potential.
- Spotting business development opportunities and develop them with relevant internal teams.
- Working with the Events Manager to deliver the annual business activity plan for the team, taking responsibility for accurate financial management, reporting and contingency planning.
What we need from you:
It's an exciting time to join the high value fundraising function at Action for Children, and we are looking for collaborative, energised and forward-thinking individuals to join our ambitious team of fundraising professionals.
- Experience of working on successful fundraising events or campaigns.
- Experience of developing positive working relationships with staff, supporters, donors and volunteers.
- Experience of developing and delivering stewardship plans with staff and supporters.
- Experience of managing relationships with high value fundraising committees or boards.
- Experience of developing compelling fundraising and/or engagement materials.
Working here is so much more than a job. It's an investment of time to truly make a difference to the lives of vulnerable children, young people and families across the UK.
We work together to reach our vision of safe and happy childhoods. Given this and our ongoing commitment to Diversity and Inclusion, we encourage applications from everyone.
We value and celebrate the diversity of those that work with us and as an inclusive workplace we want all our current and future staff to feel able to be themselves in the workplace.
If you're interested in finding out more, click apply and visit our careers portal for more information.
Good luck! We can't wait to hear from you.
Talent pool: We're sure you've got what it takes to join our ambitious team. If you're unsuccessful this time around, we'd like to hold your details in case similar jobs come up that you might be better suited for. But feel free to let us know if you'd rather we didn't do that.
If you want to get to know us a little better, check out our socials on Twitter, Linkedin, Facebook or YouTube.
- Digital Reward Booklet 2021 STAFF final.pdf (3.46 MB)
- Senior Events Officer JDPS.pdf (357.93 KB)