Salary: circa £32,000 per annum.
Location: Watford/London (Hybrid working).
If the successful candidate is based in London, they will be entitled to Inner London Allowance of £3,333.
Perks: Annual leave of 29 days, plus public holidays, flexible maternity, adoption and paternity packages, annual staff awards, up to 7% employer contribution pension scheme, employee discount portal with all your favourite brands, check out more on our career's portal.
Contract/Hours: Permanent -Full-Time -35 hours per week.
Closing date: Midnight on Tuesday 31st May 2022.
If we receive a high number of applications, we may need to close earlier than advertised so get your application in quickly!
Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis when suitable applications are received by Action for Children.
We're thrilled that you're considering a career with Action for Children so here's what you need to know….
At Action for Children, we believe that every child should have a safe and happy childhood. Last year, we helped more than 600,000 children and families across the UK. We work to ensure their voices are heard and we campaign to bring lasting change to their lives.
What you'll be doing:
The successful candidate will draw on specialist legacy marketing experience to manage the legacy marketing portfolio, including the stewardship of all supporters, building and establishing a legacy pipeline of support, and to oversee the development of legacy marketing campaigns at Action for Children, working collaboratively with many internal and external stakeholders and supporters.
You'll do this by:
- Utilising marketing specialism to deliver and oversee Action for Children's Legacy strategy, to maximise the potential of legacy income now and through a pipeline for the future through identification of new opportunities to drive the strategy forward.
- Widening the legacy marketing portfolio for the audiences defined in the legacy strategy through initiatives established to drive existing and new product development, communication development, innovating or other activities.
- Collaborating with colleagues and external agencies to drive the development of a compelling legacy proposition and to implement legacy marketing plans, leading to the generation of enquiries, considerers, intenders alongside a programme of communications for legacy pledgers.
- Building and managing effective and efficient relationships with prospective supporters, legacy pledgers, staff, and solicitors utilising various communication channels to maximize, recognize and reward their contribution, leading to the growth of legacy income and to enable the best possible donor care through planned supporter journeys. Use legacy marketing experience to influence decision makers.
- Overseeing the day-to-day work of the Legacy Marketing Executive(s) including encouraging growth and independence in their roles, monitoring their schedules and quality of work (including their financial and activity reports).
- Fostering a culture of data-driven decision-making and champion legacy marketing best practice and insight across the organization working collaboratively with Action for Children colleagues to achieve this.
What we need from you:
- Excellent marketing experience (including digital) and can demonstrate application within a complex organisation working with many stakeholders.
- Experience of supporting with the development of a marketing strategy, and has executed with a direct positive income for an organisation.
- The ability to manage and develop staff to drive income performance.
- Understanding of the fundraising environment (e.g. legacies, digital, community, events, individual donors, trusts, corporate, data).
- Knowledge of brand to legacy success – and how to apply through a marketing role.
- Intellectual capacity to be able to understand and appreciate the motivations of donors, supporters, and volunteers.
- The application of charity legislation, best practice guidelines and other regulatory requirements to charitable fundraising activity, or the intellectual capacity to acquire it.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our friendly Legacy Marketing Team, who are passionate about promoting and raising awareness of gifts in wills. With charitable bequests set to grow by 30% over the next decade across the sector, you will play a critical role in developing our legacy marketing portfolio at Action for Children.
Working here is so much more than a job. It's an investment of time to truly make a difference to the lives of vulnerable children, young people, and families across the UK.
We work together to reach our vision of safe and happy childhoods. Given this and our ongoing commitment to Diversity and Inclusion, we encourage applications from everyone.
We value and celebrate the diversity of those that work with us and as an inclusive workplace we want all our current and future staff to feel able to be themselves in the workplace.
If you're interested in finding out more, click apply and visit our careers portal for more information.
If, for any reason, you need support with your application, please contact David Simpson. We'll be happy to give you any support you require.
If you want to get to know us a little better, check out our socials on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook or YouTube.