Senior Volunteer Coordinator (4404)
Circa £23,600 per annum pro rata
Permanent, Part Time 21 Hours per week
Giving children and young people the foundations they need to thrive.
Here4me is our project in Berkshire. We provide volunteer Independent Visitors and Advocates for children and young people in care, and mentors for identified children in need.
As a Senior Volunteer Coordinator, you will be co-ordinating the safer recruitment, induction, training and supervision of volunteers, ensuring they are well equipped to carry out their roles competently and confidently through the delivery of Volunteering led programmes that lead to positive and agreed outcomes for children.
You will make a difference by:
- Recruiting inspiring volunteers who can act as positive role models to children in care.
- Coordinating ongoing support and training for volunteers.
- Establishing and maintaining partnerships to provide a range of volunteer placement opportunities.
- Supporting volunteers with steps to education and employment.
- Supervising volunteers providing front-line delivery of services.
- Demonstrating the benefits of the service to social work teams and commissioners and facilitating ongoing referrals.
- Publicising and promoting volunteering opportunities with individuals, community groups, professionals and other relevant agencies and to scrutinise applications form potential volunteers.
- Offering advice and information to potential volunteers and external organisations through face-to-face, telephone and email contact.
You will need:
- Experience and/ or skills in volunteer recruitment, training and supervision would be an advantage.
- Ability to liaise with wide range of individuals (Social Workers, Young People, Commissioners)
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Positive and proactive approach.
- IT Literate.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of Safeguarding.
The way we work
We work to make sure every child and young person has the love, support and opportunity they need to reach their potential. If you share the same vision, we want you to join our team. Have a look at our behaviours and values to understand more about the way we work here.
We want our employees to feel valued and rewarded for the vital work they do. When you work with us, we'll recognise your efforts with generous annual leave, a comprehensive employer-matched pension scheme and a range of deals and discounts on our dedicated benefits portal. Find out more about our exclusive Action for Children benefits here.
For safe and happy childhoods
At Action for Children, we protect and support children and young people, providing practical and emotional care and support, ensuring their voices are heard, and campaigning to bring lasting improvements to their lives. Last year, we helped more than 387,000 children and families across the UK.
For more information and to apply, please visit our website via the apply button.
We are committed to safer recruitment practices to protect our service users; therefore, all applicants are expected to have an understanding of and commitment to safeguarding best-practice.
Action for Children is passionate about promoting equality, valuing diversity and working inclusively. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons particularly people with Disabilities and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic applicants, as these groups are currently under-represented in our workforce.