Action for Children does what's right, does what's needed and does what works for children in the UK. Every year, our team changes the lives of 370,000 children, young people and families.
In this role, you will manage and lead staff and volunteers, providing a wide range of services to vulnerable children, young people and families, including looked after children and care leavers, children with disabilities and unaccompanied minors. You will be working closely with senior staff and managers whilst nurturing, developing and promoting effective relationships with colleagues across the organisation and different stakeholders
You will make a difference by:
- Providing high quality service to children, young people and families in a safe and positive work environment
- Supporting multi-agency delivery of services to children and young people
- Ensuring efficient budget usage and reporting
- Providing line management of staff, and sharing knowledge and experience through coaching and mentoring techniques.
- Producing and presenting reports to improve performance and service delivery
You will need:
Significant experience of managing staff and volunteers in a multitude of settings and services, including managing supervisors.
- Significant experience managing multiple teams with concurrent needs
- Significant working and educational knowledge and understanding of childcare legislation and safeguarding requirements, in particular in relation to those children in care, in need, with a disability and with immigration needs.
- Experience working with children, young people and or families in a multi agency environment and achieving positive outcomes through intervention.
- Significant experience of delivery of service user needs assessment, ensuring accurate and update retention of information
- Significant experience chairing, supporting and contributing to service planning meetings.
- Experience in the development and practice of community working, including influencing involvement
- Significant experience producing clear, concise written reports capturing and progressing the salient issues to action.
- Significant experience working with Fundraising Teams and Commercial Teams to develop and expand services in the cluster
- Demonstrable integration of equality and diversity into practice and service delivery.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft software packages i.e. word, email etc.
- To lead by example with the completion of processes and procedures to the expectations to standards designated and to guide\ advise subordinates
- To prioritise workload, including subordinate staff to achieve and deliver within agreed timescales.
- To support with the management of the services, including allocated responsibility of aspects of service.
- To manage and develop subordinate staff and different teams.
You will preferably have a minimum Level 3 Diploma in Health & Social Care or equivalent in a related
The way we work
We work to make sure every child and young person has the love, support and opportunity they need to reach their potential. If you share the same vision, we want you to join our team. Have a look at our behaviours and values to understand more about the way we work on our careers site.
We want our employees to feel valued and rewarded for the vital work they do. When you work with us, we'll recognise your efforts with generous annual leave, a comprehensive employer-matched pension scheme and a range of deals and discounts on our dedicated benefits portal.
For safe and happy childhoods
At Action for Children, we protect and support children and young people, providing practical and emotional care and support, ensuring their voices are heard, and campaigning to bring lasting improvements to their lives. Last year, we helped more than 387,000 children and families across the UK.
Please note: Interviews are planned to be held on Friday 21st May 2021
We are committed to safer recruitment practices to protect our service users; therefore, all applicants are expected to have an understanding of and commitment to safeguarding best-practice.
Action for Children is passionate about promoting equality, valuing diversity and working inclusively. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons particularly people with Disabilities and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic applicants, as these groups are currently under-represented in our workforce.