Supporter Services Officer
Location: Watford, occasional travel to Holborn and events
Salary: Up to £24,000 per annum DOE
Contract: This initially is a year's contract, possible extension subject to performance review and team expansion plans.
Hours: 35 per week
Action for Children
Every year, Action for Children impacts on the lives of 310,000 children, young people and their families across the UK, we work tirelessly to support those we work with. Are you ready to get involved?
We now have an exciting opportunity for a pro-active and confident team player to provide an exceptional customer experience. This is a year contract, as our team are expanding to take on more fundraising activities across the Charity. We are looking for a colleague who will work with past supporters to highlight the great work we are doing and see if they would like to be part of this. It's an exciting time to join us, we are expanding and growing our events and supporter base.
What does a Supporter Services Officer do?
- Deliver an exceptional customer experience, that engages supporters and facilitates growth in our supporter base
- Provide a friendly and warm service when managing supporter queries. Ensure that these are dealt with within our service standards and time frames
- You will contact past supporters using a variety of communication methods and work to agreed Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) and financial targets
- Create and identify positive relationships with supporters through effective stewardship to maximise current and potential contribution to Action for Children
- Ensure supporters are thanked and appreciated appropriately and their contributions to our mission understood
- Take ownership of customers issues and follow problems through to resolution
- Fulfil fundraising material requests in accordance with guidelines and procedures
- You will have strong customer service skills; these could have been gained in a variety of settings and through a variety of experiences
- Excellent communication skills, you will be happy to spend the majority of your time on the phone
- Happy to work towards targets and be commercially aware
- Client centric in all that you do
- You will be creative and pro-active, able to overcome obstacles and be an excellent problem solver
- An ability to adapt to changing circumstances quickly and effectively
- Be a team player
How we reward you:
- Minimum 29 days' holiday
- Flexible working, including maternity, paternity packages
- Season ticket travel loans
- Company pension scheme
- Discounts at major high street retailers.
Plus there's a lot more besides.
Please refer to the full job description and person specification for further information.
This role is subject to a Basic DBS check
We reserve the right to close this position early if we have adequate response.