We offer 29 days holiday plus public/bank holidays, flexible maternity, adoption and paternity packages, pension scheme where we contribute up to 7%, an employee discount portal and much more
As Trusts Manager you will manage and drive forward activity to secure significant, multi-year donations from trusts and foundations to support a wide range of organisational priority projects and services. You will also be responsible for the development of a pipeline to maximise key areas of growth up to seven figure income.
Action for Children aims to deliver substantial growth from our high value audience over the next five years, with the Philanthropy team playing a vital role in achieving that ambition, working together with the Partnerships, Events and High Value Operations teams.
You will make a difference by:
- Working collaboratively to implement activities to deliver an annual team target of a seven-figure sum, with a focus on securing donations of six figure donations and upwards from charitable trusts and foundations.
- Initiating and developing complex, multi-year partnerships between trusts and foundations and Action for Children to deliver challenging income targets, regularly preparing briefings for members of the senior leadership team. Where appropriate, support the Senior Philanthropy Manager with Statutory funder relationships.
- Developing and implementing individual solicitation and stewardship plans for a portfolio of existing trusts and new prospects, to include charitable foundations, in the UK and internationally, through the development and implementation of a communication and stewardship programme.
- Collaborating with fundraising colleagues to track and report on prospect management activities, remaining supporter-focused and maximising opportunities to enrich and develop supporter journeys.
- Identifying and securing a range of budget relieving Gift in Kind and Pro Bono opportunities ensuring that brand exposure from such activities is commensurate to the value of the gift.
- Line managing staff utilising Action for Children policies and procedures to drive performance, including setting and monitoring individual and team objectives and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), taking ultimate responsibility for the delivery of income targets.
What are we looking for from you?
- Relevant experience of trust fundraising with an excellent track record of initiating new relationships and securing five and six figure gifts.
- Experience of managing relationships to introduce Trusts and Foundations at the highest levels. Substantial experience of devising and implementing successful fundraising programmes to deliver income growth.
- Experience of leading, inspiring and line managing fundraisers to achieve against specific financial goals.
- The ability to manage a complex pool of prospects and funders, devising clear donor solicitation plans with the aim of securing long term financial support.
- A professional and enterprising solutions-focused approach to making effective decisions, applying critical thinking to weigh up risks and challenges to drive, develop and implement new ideas, systems.
We may stop taking applications earlier than advertised if we find the right person. So, try to get your application in early.
Interviews are provisionally scheduled for the week commencing 1st November 2021.
The way we work
We work to make sure every child and young person has the love, support and opportunity they need to reach their potential. If you share the same vision, we want you to join our team. Learn more about our behaviours and values to understand more about the way we work on our Action for Children website.
For safe and happy childhoods
At Action for Children, we protect and support children and young people, providing practical and emotional care and support, ensuring their voices are heard, and campaigning to bring lasting improvements to their lives. Last year, we helped more than 600,000 children and families across the UK.
We are committed to safer recruitment practices to protect our service users; therefore, all applicants are expected to have an understanding of and commitment to safeguarding best-practice.
Action for Children is passionate about promoting equality, celebrating diversity and working inclusively. We value and welcome applications from anyone with the skills and experience for the role. People with disabilities, and those from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic communities are currently under-represented in our teams. We're working to change this and we particularly welcome applicants from these groups.