Truro, Cornwall (we have positions in Penwith, Kerrier, North Cornwall,Caradon and Restormal)
37 hrs – Full time, Permanent
Giving children and young people the foundations they need to thrive.
Since April 2021 Action for Children, which already provides a number of services in Cornwall, has been providing the Support Services for Young People contract, Kernow Connect. This exciting new service provides support for young people aged 11-19 and up to 25 with SEND across the County.
This service, brings together a range of support for young people including universal youth work provision, activities and clubs, educational needs and disabilities (SEND) participation, 1-1 support and mental health and resilience work.
We are looking for a Young Person Worker who will support our lead practitioner to deliver youth clubs, support young people 1:1, attend and deliver activities and offer schools-based work. Due to the nature of this role, regular evening work will be required along with occasional weekend work. We have opportunities county wide for this role in Penwith, Kerrier, Carrick, Restormal, North Cornwall and Caradon.
You will make a difference by:
- Support with delivery of activities.
- Working as part of a team with our partners to support and deliver activities and youth groups to children and young people.
- Support colleagues across the county to promote and support Youth Parliament opportunities for young people.
- Support the area lead to deliver work within schools.
- Working alongside our locality team to deliver support for young people in area.
You will need:
- NVQ Level 2 or equivalent in a related field.
- Experience of working in health, early years or social care setting.
- Experience of working as part of a team or as an individual to deliver a frontline service.
- Good IT skills
- Access to a suitable method of transport to enable the duties of the role to be carried out.
The way we work
We work to make sure every child and young person has the love, support and opportunity they need to reach their potential. If you share the same vision, we want you to join our team.
We want our employees to feel valued and rewarded for the vital work they do. When you work with us, we'll recognise your efforts with generous annual leave, a comprehensive employer-matched pension scheme and a range of deals and discounts on our dedicated benefits portal.
For safe and happy childhoods
At Action for Children, we protect and support children and young people, providing practical and emotional care and support, ensuring their voices are heard, and campaigning to bring lasting improvements to their lives. Last year, we helped more than 387,000 children and families across the UK.
We are committed to safer recruitment practices to protect our service users; therefore, all applicants are expected to have an understanding of and commitment to safeguarding best-practice.
Action for Children is passionate about promoting equality, valuing diversity and working inclusively. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons particularly people with Disabilities and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic applicants, as these groups are currently under-represented in our workforce