We’re an ambitious, award-winning, growing charity supporting refugees in the North East and we’re looking for an experienced manager with expertise in managing properties, projects and people. Add in your experience of working with vulnerable adults and you’ll be ready to make a real impact in supporting homeless asylum seekers and refugees.
- To manage the day-to-day running of Action Foundation’s housing services, including the development and oversight of case management support to all clients. We currently manage 25 houses of multiple occupancy in Tyne and Wear with capacity for up to 88 clients across all housing services. We have also trained over 40 hosts to provide short-term housing support in their own homes.
- Project staff include a Senior Support Worker, six Support Workers, one Resident Support Trainer and a Hosting Co-ordinator. You will manage contractors for all property maintenance and ensure contract compliance and outcomes monitoring / evaluation so that the services are meeting funders / commissioners’ expectations as well as other legal and statutory requirements.
- You will also work with the Head of Operations and other colleagues to develop the housing services as required including an in-house OISC registered legal advice service and the ‘Alternative to Detention’ pilot with the Home Office and UNHCR.
- Properties – Procurement and ongoing management
- Staff – Supervise and develop a team of 9 staff (3 direct reports)
- Contractors – Manage and co-ordinate property maintenance and other contractors
- External relations – To manage and develop relationships with external organisations
- Monitoring and evaluation – Analysing/responding to data and reporting outcomes
- Development – Implementing strategic changes to services as required/agreed
- Performance management – Ensure contract and statutary compliance
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.