Action Homeless are committed to ending the cycle of homeless and ensuring everyone has a decent and safe place to call home. Our mission is to ensure that no one has to sleep rough on the street in our City. We are passionate about ending street homelessness, and empowering people to achieve higher living standards and quality of life.
We are looking for people with experience of working with vulnerable adults and providing housing related support, as well having experience of managing a small staff team. You may already be in the homeless sector, or have experience working with adults in challenging situations and leading teams, and have transferable skills and competencies which we are looking for.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an organisation that is working towards reducing rough sleeping, and ending cycles of homelessness in Leicester, supporting people to access suitable crisis and longer-term accommodation.
As a Service Team Manager you will:
- Be responsible for the day to day management of one of our projects
- Be responsible for a small staff team ensuring they have the necessary support, supervision and training required for their roles
- Be responsible for and the reporting of the projects outcomes
- Liaise with other agencies and ensure the project provides a safe and secure environment
- Need to work flexibly and on occasion unsocial hours as our services operate 365 days a year
To be successful you will need to have:
- An understanding of working with people experiencing homelessness or vulnerable adults and supporting them to access services.
- Experience of working within a housing related support environment and leading a team
- Management experience
- Excellent organisation and time management skills in order to remain strongly outcome focused and meet the projects requires with resources.
- A commitment to working in a challenging environment with the ability to be highly flexible throughout the working day.
- Good communication skills and confidence when representing Action Homeless to external organisations and forming strong working relationships with partners; being able to challenge them when required.
- Strong IT skills with the ability use online recording systems, client management systems, Excel, and Word, using all forms of technology.
While most of your time will be spent working office hours Monday-Friday, the role does require flexibility to include supporting your teams, who will work across the services, as they work on rotas, which include some early morning and late-night shifts, and weekend working. Being able to move across the City quickly and efficiently is essential for this post and a clean drivers’ license would be preferable, due to the locations of our properties on taking part in our on-call and emergency response system out of hours.
As well as a great working environment, we also offer:
- Support to develop your case working skills and specialist knowledge.
- Extensive training and personal development opportunities
- Employee Pension scheme where Employee contributions are matched by the Employer up to 5%
- Generous benefits such as; annual leave, sick leave, compassionate leave, time off for dependants and death in service benefit.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.