As Curriculum & Training Administrator you will have a range of administrative responsibilities over three key areas: curriculum, training and quality. With the launch of online tutoring in Action Tutoring in September 2020, we have expanded the training provided to these tutors through an on-demand training portal, for which this role would have administrative oversight. Alongside this your work would support the Training & Quality Coordinators who are responsible for delivery of our live virtual training. A large part of this would be organising the ID submitted by tutors so that the trainers can carry out their checks with speed. You’ll also manage the version history and formatting of our bespoke curriculum resources and join our expanded Impact & Quality Team.
Duties and responsibilities
- Produce daily pre-training DBS summaries for all training delivered by Training & Quality Coordinators.
- Process DBS checks for trained volunteers (training provided).
- Support with training campaigns and development of pathways on our on-demand training portal.
- Manage and moderate comments on our training portal including initial tutor questions.
- Support with marking and inputting of pupil assessments in our CRM.
- Schedule tutor training events.
- Scheduling of curriculum-related staff training via zoom and management of the storage of training videos.
- Support with research, editing and development of online and video training materials for tutors (training provided).
- Format any newly generated curriculum content for printing.
- Reformat curriculum resources for online delivery of tutoring sessions.
- Proofread all curriculum resources generated by Action Tutoring using our ‘Proofreading and Style Guidelines’.
- Manage version histories of all curriculum resources.
- Support the Programme team to provide and respond to requests for additional materials for tutoring sessions.
- Support with creation of additional resources on an ad hoc basis as required.
Quality Assurance Work
- Support the moderation and standardisation of pupil assessments (training provided).
- Support logistical and administrative support for organising tutor observations (in person and online).
- Any other duties deemed reasonable by the Chief Executive Officer.
As a charity that values and celebrates people's diversity and champions opportunities for all young people, we are keen to receive applications from people who have experienced disadvantage and from those who are of Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic communities who are currently underrepresented in our organisation.
If you are dedicated to ensuring young people from all backgrounds reach a meaningful level of academic attainment and are passionate about bringing about this change, please apply today or get in touch for more information.
Place of work: We consider remote working from the UK for this role for the right candidate, but occasional visits to the London office and travel to external events, meetings and Action Tutoring regions would be required.
London office: The Dock, Tobacco Quay, Wapping Lane, E1W 2SF.
Contract and working hours: Full-time (37.5 hours per week) permanent contract. We would consider 22.5 hours for the right candidate.
Start date: ASAP
Closing date and interviews: Sunday, 19th September 2021, 5pm. Interviews on 23rd and 24th September 2021.
All Action Tutoring staff must have a DBS check. Should you be aware of any incidents, cautions or convictions that would appear on your DBS check, you should notify us with your application.
- A-C in maths and English at GCSE (or equivalent).
- Right to work in the UK.
We are seeking applications from individuals who:
- Exceptionally organised.
- Have a good eye for detail and able to follow instructions well.
- Thorough with good time management skills.
- Keen sense of quality control in written and verbal communications.
- Strong MS office skills.
- Able to input data efficiently and accurately.
- Calendar management skills including setting up virtual or live training events.
- Committed to equality, diversity and inclusion.
- Committed to the mission and values of Action Tutoring.
- Committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children.
- Experience of moderation and standardisation of assessments or work would be desirable.
- Experience formatting and managing version histories would be desirable.
- Hybrid working
We offer a flexible combination of office and home based working.
25 days holiday a year (plus UK public holidays), increasing by a day for each complete year of service (up to three extra days).
- Flexitime and TOIL
We have a flexible policy for working hours, and offer TOIL where staff have to work particularly early in the day or late in the evening, so that they can reclaim those hours at another time.
- Team away days
The whole team across the UK gets together three times a year.
We have a workplace pension scheme with a 3% employer contribution.
- Culture of celebrating
Regular thanks and praise and monthly recognition of ’heroes’ to celebrate employees going above and beyond.
Lots of opportunities to learn from others in the organisation, including policy briefings, shadowing colleagues and peer-to-peer development.
Team socials around team days, regular bring-and-share team lunches and other activities.
As well as checking the accuracy of all content Action Tutoring shares with external audiences, our proofreading team supports individuals who would value an extra pair of eyes on their writing.
-Ad hoc projects
Interested in other exciting topics relevant to our charity? Then join one of our working groups (including policy, diversity and inclusion, curriculum and training, socials, data and insights) and support with ongoing projects.
How to apply
Please click apply and submit your CV and a cover letter outlining (max 1 page A4):
(When uploading one document, please click 'upload', rather than 'finish application' to make sure that it attaches, and to allow you to upload another document.)
1) Your experience of administration.
2) Your proven ability to work efficiently, with accuracy.
3) How our organisational values are in line with your values.
Applications that fail to meet these criteria will automatically be discounted.
We want you to have every opportunity to shine and to show us your talents - please let us know if there is anything we can do to make sure the assessment process works for you.
Please visit our website for further details