HR and Safeguarding Manager
The Dock, London (office and home based)
Are you an experienced HR professional seeking your next step up? Want to contribute to the culture of a growing charity that values integrity, dedication and collaboration? If so, we’d love to hear from you.
Action Tutoring is an education charity that supports pupils from disadvantaged backgrounds to succeed in school.
In the UK today, young people facing socio-economic disadvantage are less likely to achieve the grades they need to progress in life. This isn’t because they are any less able – it’s because they have less access to tools to support them to realise their potential.
We help to level the playing field by working in partnership with schools to deliver weekly tutoring in English or Maths, to pupils who need it the most.
We’re currently looking for an HR and Safeguarding Manager to join us on a 12 month contract that has the potential to become a permanent position.
- Salary of £28,000 - £32,000 per annum DOE
- Flexible working
- Pension with employer and employee contribution (after probation)
- 25 days’ holiday per annum plus Bank Holidays
- Team socials
- Recognition schemes to celebrate staff who go above and beyond
- Team away days with regular training opportunities
This is a superb time to join us at a key stage in our evolution. We’re supporting the delivery of the National Tutoring Programme, which will provide catch-up support to pupils whose education has been impacted by COVID-19. It’s vital that we’re able to grow and expand our resources so we can support every pupil in need – that’s where you come in.
You will have the opportunity to play an integral part in helping us build a strong team and culture that is fit for growth. As this is a new position in our organisation, you will have the chance to really make the role your own.
We’ll provide you with a comprehensive induction and training to ensure you succeed as part of the Action Tutoring team. We’re committed to providing development opportunities for staff, so you will be supported to challenge yourself and take on new areas of responsibility.
As the HR and Safeguarding Manager, you will help us to build a strong culture of equality, diversity and inclusion and drive forward our work in these areas.
This is a varied role that will cover HR, safeguarding, recruitment, learning and development and strategy and leadership. You’ll benefit from an interesting workload, including providing advice to line managers, hiring the best people for our team and driving forward diversity initiatives, such as our Black Lives Matter work.
Reporting to our Head of Finance and Operations, you will:
- Work with senior team members to develop and implement HR policies, procedures and guidance documents
- Introduce and develop an organisational L&D strategy
- Manage the recruitment process for new hires
- Support our safeguarding functions, including processing DBS checks
- Work with our Mental Health First Aiders to ensure we have a strong wellbeing offering
- Liaise with teams across the organisation to make sure we are as diverse and inclusive as possible
To join us as our HR and Safeguarding Manager, you will need:
- At least three years’ experience as an HR administrator or manager
- Experience of using, and taking responsibility for, a Human Resources Information System (HRIS)
- The ability to work flexibly on your own initiative to achieve objectives
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- A CIPD membership
- A degree (or equivalent)
You may have previously worked as an HR Administrator, Human Resources Administrator, HR Advisor, Employee Relations Advisor, Human Resources Generalist, or HR Generalist.
The closing date for applications is the 24th August 2020.
Webrecruit and Action Tutoring are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next step as our HR and Safeguarding Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.