Action Tutoring is an Education charity that supports pupils from disadvantaged backgrounds to succeed in school.
We’re now looking for a part-time Programme Coordinator to join us on a fixed-term contract until 31st July 2021.
In the UK today, young people facing socio-economic disadvantage are less likely to achieve the grades they need to progress in life. This isn’t because they are any less able – it’s because they have less access to tools to support them to realise their potential.
We help to level the playing field by working in partnership with schools to deliver weekly tutoring in English or maths, to pupils who need it the most.
- Salary of £26,291 pro rata
- Travel expenses
- Flexible working
- Workplace pension
- 25 days of holiday pro rata
- Team socials
- Recognition schemes to celebrate staff who go above and beyond
If you are a confident communicator and work well on your own initiative, this is a brilliant opportunity to gain experience with a charity that is supporting the UK’s most disadvantaged young people.
As an Education charity, we understand the importance of providing learning and development opportunities for our staff. You’ll receive a comprehensive induction and full training and will have the chance to broaden your areas of responsibility as you grow alongside the organisation.
Our vision is a world in which no child’s life chances are limited by their socio-economic background. If you share our values and want to make a real difference to young people’s lives, we want to hear from you.
As the North West Programme Manager, you’ll oversee the delivery of our tutoring programmes in partner schools in Liverpool, Southport and Chester.
You will have the chance to increase your expertise in a number of areas, including stakeholder management (such as the senior leadership teams in schools), recruiting volunteers and the education sector.
Some of your duties will involve:
- Line management of four Programme Coordinators
- Managing your own 1-2 programmes in partner schools
- Working with the Head of Delivery on business development and maintaining and developing relationships with partner schools.
- Maintain volunteer recruitment opportunities in your region
To join us as a Programme Coordinator, you’ll need:
- Prior experience (at least two years) of working with young people, schools or volunteers.
- The ability to manage and lead others
- The ability to work independently and use initiative
- A commitment to ensuring young people from all backgrounds reach a meaningful level of academic attainment
- The ability to build strong relationships with a range of stakeholders
Ideally, you will have experience of project management and of networking or business development, but this isn’t essential.
The closing date for applications is 30th October 2020 at 9am.
However we will be interviewing as we go and may close the job early if we find the right candidate.