Action Tutoring is an Education charity that supports pupils from disadvantaged backgrounds to succeed in school.
We’re now looking for a part-time Programme Coordinator to join us on a fixed-term contract until 31st July 2021.
In the UK today, young people facing socio-economic disadvantage are less likely to achieve the grades they need to progress in life. This isn’t because they are any less able – it’s because they have less access to tools to support them to realise their potential.
We help to level the playing field by working in partnership with schools to deliver weekly tutoring in English or maths, to pupils who need it the most.
- Salary of £22,000 pro rata
- Travel expenses
- Flexible working
- Workplace pension
- 25 days of holiday pro rata
- Team socials
- Recognition schemes to celebrate staff who go above and beyond
If you are a confident communicator and work well on your own initiative, this is a brilliant opportunity to gain experience with a charity that is supporting the UK’s most disadvantaged young people.
As an Education charity, we understand the importance of providing learning and development opportunities for our staff. You’ll receive a comprehensive induction and full training and will have the chance to broaden your areas of responsibility as you grow alongside the organisation.
Our vision is a world in which no child’s life chances are limited by their socio-economic background. If you share our values and want to make a real difference to young people’s lives, we want to hear from you.
As a Programme Coordinator, you’ll oversee the delivery of our tutoring programme in partner schools in Nottingham.
Overseeing a caseload of 3-4 schools, you will have the chance to increase your expertise in a number of areas, including stakeholder management (such as the senior leadership teams in schools), recruiting volunteers and the education sector.
Some of your duties will involve:
- Visiting schools and building positive relationships
- Ensuring our volunteer tutors are delivering a high-quality service to pupils
- Overseeing our volunteer tutor sign-up process
- Assigning tutors to suitable pupils
- Working with colleagues to approach new schools and tell them about the programme
- Occasionally travelling to our London office
To join us as a Programme Coordinator, you’ll need:
- The ability to work independently and use your initiative in a variety of situations
- A commitment to ensuring young people from all backgrounds reach a meaningful level of academic attainment
- The ability to build strong relationships with a range of stakeholders
Ideally, you will have experience of working with young people and/or project management, but this isn’t essential.
The closing date for applications is 23rd October 2020 at 9am. Online interviews will take place between Monday 2nd November and Wednesday 11th November 2020.
This is a part-time role, working 22.5 hours per week, across ideally Tuesday – Friday. However, it is very likely the role will move to a full time role in the near future, dependent on the outcome of the National Tutoring Programme.