Office, HR and Finance Administrator (One Year FTC)
The Dock, London, E1
Action Tutoring is an education charity that supports pupils from disadvantaged backgrounds to succeed in school.
In the UK today, young people facing socio-economic disadvantage are less likely to achieve the grades they need to progress in life. This isn’t because they are any less able – it’s because they have less access to tools to support them to realise their potential.
We help to level the playing field by working in partnership with schools to deliver weekly tutoring in English or Maths, to pupils who need it the most.
Following a recent promotion, we’re now on the lookout for an Office, HR and Finance Administrator to join our team in the heart of London for a one year, fixed-term contract which has the real possibility to extend subject to funding.
- Salary of £23,000 - £25,000 per annum depending on experience
- 25 days’ holiday per year per annum, plus Bank Holidays
- Contribution to staff pension scheme
This engaging and varied role requires a highly organised individual who can turn their hand to many different tasks and facilitate our organisation. You’ll have the chance to take the initiative, work independently and provide vital support across a number of our teams.
We’ll provide you with a comprehensive induction and training on our systems and we strongly believe in offering professional development opportunities to all our staff, so you will have plenty of chances to grow within your role.
What’s more, as a growing charity, you can be sure that not only will your work be doing good and giving back to the community but also you will potentially have the chance to get involved in new areas of responsibility and stay with us far beyond your contract.
As the Office, HR and Finance Administrator, you will act as the conduit for effective operations throughout our Head Office. In many ways, you will be the glue that holds all the strands of our activities together and you will have the chance to get involved in a wide array of projects and activities that will mean no two days are the same.
Your role will be divided into several distinct areas of operation: administration support, Board support, finance support, HR support and additional (general) support. This will include:
- Managing diaries, co-ordinating travel, arranging meetings and events and taking minutes
- Fielding phone calls and emails and greeting and welcoming visitors to the office
- Playing an active role in IT, GDPR and safeguarding meetings
- Providing administrative support for Board meetings
- Assisting with financial administration, including invoices and payments, preparing monthly finance paperwork and processing payroll and expenses
- Supporting accurate HR record keeping, starter and leaver processes and staff social activities
- Assisting with the delivery of fresher’s fairs and events, processing volunteer applications and DBS checks
- Providing cover for staff during holiday periods or absence
To be considered as an Office, HR and Finance Administrator, you will need:
- Previous experience in an administrative or finance role
- Experience in customer service or customer-facing roles
- Strong IT skills
- A degree level qualification (or equivalent work experience) with GCSEs or equivalent in English and Maths (at a minimum)
You will also need the following attributes:
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Strong numeracy skills
- The ability to work well with a wide range of people
- The ability to manage a busy and varied workload in a highly organised fashion, work well under pressure and manage deadlines
- The ability to take the initiative and work independently
- Strong attention to detail
- Trustworthiness and strong integrity
All applicants will require the right to work in the UK.
The ideal candidate will also have experience gained within the charity sector or of working with volunteers.
Other organisations may call this role Administrator, Office Administrator, Operations Assistant, Office Assistant, Admin Assistant, Receptionist, Secretary, PA, EA, Personal Assistant, Executive Assistant, Finance Assistant, Accounts Assistant, HR Assistant, Human Resources Administrator, or Customer Service Administrator.
The closing date for this role is the 24th August 2020.
Please note: we are expecting a high number of applications for this position. Please ensure that all supporting questions are answered in full within your application to ensure you do not miss out.
Webrecruit and Action Tutoring are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as an Office, HR and Finance Administrator, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.