Please enter your email address to proceed with the application.
We recognised your email address. Sign in to prefill your application.
Step 1 out of 4
Your CV has been uploaded successfully.
Step 1 out of 4
It's time to upload your CV:
Step 2 out of 4
Add a cover letter to maximise your chances of getting this job.
Step 4 out of 4
Whoop! Your application is ready to be submitted.
Step 3 out of 4
Almost done! Please enter your details.
Want to tailor your application?
Go through the usual application process to upload a new CV and cover letter.
Internal Communications Coordinator
Fixed term Contract - Duration: 12 months
Location: London or Nairobi Hub or Johannesburg
ActionAid International is about to embark on an exciting and ambitious three-year global campaign on Women’s Labour, Decent Work and Public services. In the post #MeToo world and increased public appetite for greater gender equality, ActionAid’s campaign is well-timed, thoughtfully and politically designed to deliver real and lasting change for women working in the poorest countries, in the global south, who are overworked, unheard and under-represented.
The campaign focuses on the huge burden on women globally who do most of the unpaid care work of elderly relatives, children, domestic chores, which drastically effects their economic status. The campaign is about getting governments to recognize this imbalance in their planning for public services and to target women more so that help goes to those who need it most. In addition, the campaign also focuses on the high prevalence of Gender Based Violence (GBV) perpetrated against women at work, whether they work for national or multinational corporations, in the informal sector, or at home. ActionAid and partners will be demanding the International Labour Organisation (ILO) to agree on a convention against violence and harassment in the workplace. We will be demanding women have decent work, their rights upheld, and we aim to address the gender pay gap.
This role will share leadership updates, proactively work with countries on showcasing their best work, and enable peer to peer learning of best practices, across our 45-country organization.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, creative, digitally savvy and proactive individual to help us amplify the successes and wins happening in the countries we work, and to share these stories with the global federation in compelling and engaging ways. Part of their duties and responsibilities will include:
· Promoting ActionAid’s media coverage and social engagement internally and assisting with day to day maintenance of Stories hub;
· Peer to peer learning and skills sharing including coordinating monthly Global Comms calls;
· Forward planning calendar updated with all external events and countries’ content, media, social and campaigning plans plus key anniversaries and news hooks.
· Promoting and (when necessary) coordinating live streaming of key sessions at international meetings;
· Working with the Hive Team to ensure strategic content/timing of content on different platforms such as Yammer, Stream, Teams etc. In addition, collaborating with IT to increase usage of Office 365 platforms and other communications technologies;
· Supporting the transition from Hive to Yammer and recruitment/training as well as engagement of staff and peer-to-peer exchanges across the Federation with the platform;
· Promoting communication and engagement between Senior Leadership and Federation staff using Yammer and other platforms;
· Supporting the Secretary General in bi-monthly video blogging about mission/field related topics and ILT members for related topics;
· Liaising with Communications team colleagues to inform of SG’s travel, photo opportunities and other key events with media potential; and
· Coordinating with HR to help promote Feminist Leadership internally.
Education, Skills and Experience
· A degree in journalism, communications, public relations or its equivalent.
· A minimum of five years’ work experience in internal organisational communications and information management.
· Proven ability to write and tailor key messaging in an accessible manner to various stakeholders.
· Proven ability to deliver high-quality communications with tight deadlines.
· Experience and excellent skills in the use of communications technology (specifically social media, audio and video, intranet/sharepoint, Micorsoft Office 365 etc.).
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills – ability to work well at various levels of the organisation and engage with management and governance leadership.
If you are interested and meet the criteria, send your CV and motivation cover letter to us via the link by 25th May 2019 by end of day. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered. You are requested to highlight in the motivation letter how specifically you meet the criteria for this role. Due to high volumes of applications received, should you not have received feedback on your application within one month of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.