Fixed-term post for 2 years/ 35 hours per week/ London WC1H
Do you have experience of creating engaging and relevant content for communications channels? Do you also have good quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis skills? Are you passionate about discovering and sharing the successes of an organisation that is making positive change? If so, you could gain valuable experience as Communications and Impact Officer at the Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU).
The ACU is an international organisation dedicated to building a better world through higher education.
We believe that international collaboration is central to this ambition. By bringing universities together from around the world – and crucially the people who study and work within them - we help to advance knowledge, promote understanding, broaden minds, and improve lives.
We champion higher education as a cornerstone of stronger societies, supporting our members, partners, and stakeholders as they adapt to a changing world.
As Communications and Impact Officer, your responsibilities will include:
- Sourcing, creating, and publishing content that is engaging and tailored to its target audience, including accurate and compelling news stories, case studies, impact stories, infographics, and social media content
- Planning, designing, distributing, and administering surveys and other research tools
- Analysing and reporting on quantitative and qualitative data for official reporting and communications purposes
- Preparing and contributing to reports for funders and other external audiences
Some of the skills you need to be able to demonstrate include:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to communicate complex issues to non-specialist audiences
- Experience of editing and publishing digital content for multiple platforms and channels
- Experience of writing reports to communicate findings and recommendations
Our benefits include 31 days holiday per year (including 4 Christmas closure days) plus bank holidays, competitive pension scheme (10% employer contribution plus 5% employee contribution), season ticket loan and excellent support for learning and development through a range of educational and networking activities.
At the ACU, we welcome and encourage applications from everyone regardless of gender, race, religion, marital status, disability, age, and sexual orientation.
As Communications and Impact Officer, you will be employed by ACU Trading Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary.
How to apply
Closing date: 30 September 2019
Interview date: w/c 14 October 2019
For further information and details of how to apply please visit our website.