London WC1H: Hybrid working, with around 40% of your time per month being office based.
The Compliance Manager is an exciting new role responsible for ensuring the ACU complies with relevant legislation, regulation and best practice and supports the embedding of an effective compliance culture.
The Manager will be responsible for the development and delivery of an annual compliance plan. They will work with leaders across the organisation and other colleagues to ensure there is an effective compliance framework in place, including robust processes, practices and reporting. There is a specific focus on compliance relating to finance, contracting, safeguarding and data protection.
The postholder will act as a business partner for a portfolio of teams, helping to deliver effective compliance that supports the work of departments across the ACU. They will work closely with the Programmes team to support Programme Managers with effective and accountable delivery of programmes in accordance with funder regulations.
About the ACU:
The ACU is an international organisation dedicated to building a better world through higher education.
We believe that international collaboration is central to this ambition. By bringing universities together from around the world – and crucially the people who study and work within them - we help to advance knowledge, promote understanding, broaden minds, and improve lives.
We champion higher education as a cornerstone of stronger societies, supporting our members, partners, and stakeholders as they adapt to a changing world.
As Compliance Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Develop and implement an annual compliance plan to drive improvements against key compliance indicators and promote a compliance culture.
- Act as a business partner for other teams, building strong collaborative relationships with colleagues, strengthening compliance and risk management approaches.
- Undertaking due diligence and contracting
- Work with the ACU’s Safeguarding Officer, to strengthen the organisation’s safeguarding culture.
Some of the skills you need to be able to demonstrate include:
- A strong track record of supporting the development and implementation of an organisation-wide compliance framework and of delivering compliance activities
- Demonstrable experience of improving policies, procedures, processes, and other controls to achieve effectiveness and accountability
- Knowledge and experience of Safeguarding requirements and good practice
- Knowledge and experience of GDPR and other data protection requirements and good practice
Our benefits include 31 days holiday per year (including 4 Christmas closure days) plus bank holidays, competitive pension scheme (10% employer contribution plus 5% employee contribution), season ticket loan and excellent support for learning and development through a range of educational and networking activities.
At the ACU, we welcome and encourage applications from everyone regardless of gender, race, religion, marital status, disability, age, and sexual orientation.
As Compliance Manager you will be employed by ACU Trading Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary.
How to apply
Closing date: 13th December 2021, 12pm
Interview date: w/c 13th December 2021
For further information and details of how to apply please visit our website.