Addaction is one of the UK's leading charities working across mental health, drug, alcohol, prisons and young people’s services. Last year we helped over 140,000 people across England and Scotland.
We believe that everyone can change and we support them to do it.
We’re looking for an HR/People Officer to help deliver brilliant people operations that help get the best from our staff.
In this role, you’ll deliver as part of an award winning central team working across the organisation, acting as the first point of contact for people management advice delivering a service via the telephone and email, as well as face to face.
You’ll help empower our managers through providing advice on policies, approach and legislation and by building their understanding of how we do people operations. You’ll also help develop resources and self-service tools that help embed and continuously improve how we work.
We have a strong focus on our culture and trying new ways of working. You’ll work across multiple projects and have opportunities to learn.
Ideally you’ll have:
● A solid understanding of employment law and experience in handling employee relations casework
● Some experience in delivering HR change management approaches, including TUPE, restructuring and redundancy consultation.
● An enthusiastic and can-do approach to solving problems, and adaptability to change and adapt to different ways of working
● Experience using data as performance information
● The ability to turn legal language into plain English, and to create tools and resources that make systems and processes clear for busy staff.
Salary up to £28,000 depending on experience, and a benefits package including 28 days annual leave, public holidays, generous employer pension contribution and death in service benefit.
Location: The role will be based in Addaction premises either in central Glasgow or Tiverton (South West England). Mostly engaging with colleagues remotely (including by digital conferencing facilities), the job holder will also be required to travel throughout England and Scotland as and when necessary.