Are you a finance professional looking for a varied and highly satisfying role that creates social value? We are looking for a qualified accountant who is pro-active, able to work autonomously and problem-solve, but humble enough to ask for help and guidance when needed. Ideally you will have a management accounting or business partner background and ideally you will have experience of working within a service sector such as events and hospitality. However, the most important thing we are looking for is the right attitude that will fit with our culture. The role covers / requires:
- Delivering excellent financial reporting to help our clients make effective decisions.
- Experience of working with organisational stakeholders at all levels: board, leadership teams, budget holders, and all staff.
- Preparation of annual accounts in line with regulatory standards
- Improving financial controls and processes.
- Knowledge of what a strong financial controls environment should look like
- Preparation of monthly management accounts and cash flow forecast
- Experience of running a budget-setting process.
- Working with budget holders to set and manage budgets.
- Managing the balance sheet and ensuring control accounts are reconciled.
- Project reporting and grant reporting.
- We are Xero partners and seek to be at the forefront of the digitalisation agenda. Experience of cloud accounting and IT adaptability are both important.
- The ability to understand, challenge and support the decision-making of purpose-led organisations, where mission-led outcomes balance with financial goals.
Due to Covid-19 restrictions, all staff have been primarily working from home at the moment. We are currently trialling returning to the office one day a week. It is likely that we will move to a hybrid model of mainly working from home with some office days each month for the foreseeable future. Our office is located in the centre of Liverpool.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.