Are you passionate about making a difference to people’s lives? In the UK 1 in 20 people has ADHD – yet only a fifth of those are diagnosed. ADHD is the most misunderstood of the neurodiversities. ADHD funding, services, awareness, sympathy and understanding fall far short of other neurodiversities like dyslexia and autism. We’re looking for someone with experience of either corporate sales or charity fundraising. An innovator with a record of success who can hit the ground running. Applicants with industry experience who want to join the charity sector are welcome.
- Bonus scheme (up to 20% of salary paid quarterly after intial period)
- Generous Holiday Allowance of 30 days plus bank holidays. (Total 38 holiday days per year).
- Hybrid working option (Upto 40% working from home)
- Opportunity to advance your career rapidly as we grow the team
ADHD UK is a newly founded small, high-growth, mental health charity with big ambitions. We’re looking for someone to help us evolve and change the futures for people with ADHD. We work under our 5 pillars:-
- Information: We use the internet to enable us to deliver nationwide reaching millions of people at a fraction of the historical cost. We’ve put a lot of effort into our web site and in 2022 we want to develop it further into the most comprehensive resource on ADHD in the UK. So we’re constantly researching services for ADHD and creating new pages of helpful information as well as reaching people with Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.
- Support: We’re starting 2022 with 8x the number of national online support events that we had a year ago. We also use Facebook and WhatsApp to provide 24x7 national support groups, our Facebook groups also grew around 8x last year. Knowing that you are not alone is an enormous comfort to our customers so we will be expanding this further in 2022.
- Research: With a strong customer base we are able to carry out our own research – current programmes include waiting times for ADHD assessments and lived experience of support services for ADHD at work plus benefits for students and unemployed. In 2022 we plan to start funding third party research including researching the effects of late diagnosis on ADHD people’s lives.
- Advocacy: We work with employers to help them develop neurodiversity-friendly workplaces, both through our Employer Pack and through training and presentations to organisations. In 2022 we plan to extend the Employer Pack and offer further support and training services for employers and employees, some of which are revenue generators.
- Awareness: Use of our website grew tenfold last year and we also work with the press, e.g. we recently launched a press panel of people with lived experience of ADHD, resulting in coverage on SKY News in January 2022. PR is an area we will be growing this year. We are also planning campaigns to drive changes from the top of government for pupils and students.
About The Role
Working with the CEO and reporting directly to the Board you will be our first full time fundraising specialist. Your role will therefore encompass all aspects of the job. The charity is growing quickly and there is an opportunity for you to grow with it – with responsibilities and remuneration growing quickly in tandem with the financial growth of the charity.
Your key responsibilities:
Working with our Director of Philanthropy to deliver our new strategy for high net worth philanthropic individual donations and grants.
Working with our CEO and Training Manager to develop and implementing our strategy for corporate traded services.
Working with our CEO to develop and implementing our public fundraising activities, with delivery assistance from our Administrator.
- To support the administrator with enquiries and setting up relevant templates and processes.
- Create and project manage all mass fundraising communications both digital and online. This includes but is not limited to social media, event announcements and a monthly e-newsletter.
- Managing and encouraging volunteers to fundraise for us.
- Ensuring all our fundraising activity is complaint with all relevant legislation. Including GDPR compliance of all fundraising activities.
- Ensure all our data and databases are kept to a high standard.
- Budget management and reporting
It is important to us that the successful candidate is:
- Extremely comfortable with IT and learning new software. We leverage technology to be more effective and offer training in the software we use.
- Able to build rapport and relationships with people quickly over email and phone.
- Strong writing skills with an ability to write in an engaging manner.
- Well organised and can work to deadlines.
- Has previous experience in either charity fundraising or corporate sales.
- Self starter. Driven and ambitious.We plan to expand the team to include 3 more fundraisers (one for each activity) in 2 years and anticipate growing this role with us.
- Strong with data and numbers.
The role is full time and office based (Central London, W2). Hybrid working is an option with 3 days in the office 2 days working from home.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.