How to apply
Community Key Worker - North / East London
Co-located in one or more London boroughs to include West, North and East London
Do you have a background in working with women experiencing issues related to offending? Want to help an award-winning charity empower and support vulnerable women in London? If so, this is an amazing opportunity to take your next step as a Community Key Worker.
We are Advance, a women-only organisation dedicated to helping women cope and recover from experiences of domestic abuse, as well as women who are at risk of offending or with short term sentences to reduce offending.
Our Minerva service works with those involved in the criminal justice system and offers safe, targeted support and advocacy to women. It aims to reduce re-offending, encourage desistance amongst repeat offenders, divert women from criminal justice involvement as early as possible and reduce the number of custodial sentences imposed by courts.
We are now looking for a Community Key Worker to join us and support the delivery of the Minerva service Co-located in one or more London boroughs to include West, North and East London.
- Salary of £25,000 - £29,000 DOE (including London Weighting)
- 30 days’ holiday per annum plus Bank Holidays
- A day off for International Women’s Day
This is an amazing opportunity to take on a challenging, but highly rewarding role where you’ll be able to make a difference to women’s lives on a daily basis.
Once you join our team, you’ll discover a collaborative, supportive environment where staff empower each other to perform at their best and deliver the highest quality services to those who need our help.
You will have the chance to help women and girls in your community overcome the challenges they face and lead safe, non-violent equal lives.
As a Community Key Worker, you’ll provide enhanced support to women and girls who have committed crime and are at risk of re-offending, with complex multiple needs.
Specifically, you’ll provide an in-reach service to those serving custodial sentences at HMP Bronzefield, HMP Downview and HMP Send. You’ll support them and build a relationship in the 12 weeks prior to their release.
Your duties will involve:
- Reviewing initial assessments of risk and need
- Providing one-to-one advocacy, support and advice
- Working with those you support to create resettlement and support plans
- Helping women to engage with licence requirements and court orders
To join us as a Community Key Worker, you’ll need:
- Significant experience of working with women experiencing issues related to offending, such as homelessness, substance misuse, domestic violence or mental health, ideally within a criminal justice setting
- Experience of conducting needs and risk assessments, as well as risk management
- An in-depth understanding of the issues facing women offenders and those at risk of offending, both in and outside of the criminal justice system
- A track record of prioritising and organising your own workload
Please note: only female applicants will be progressed as being female is deemed to be a genuine occupational requirement under Schedule 9, Paragraph 1 of the Equality Act 2010.
Other organisations may call this role Community Support Worker, Key Worker, Criminal Justice Support Worker, Support Worker, Social Care Worker, Women’s Advocacy Officer or Criminal Justice Support Worker.
We’d also like to speak with you if you’ve worked in a Crime, Criminal, Justice or Re-offending related field.
The closing date for applications is the 27th May 2019, with interviews scheduled to be held on the week commencing 3rd June 2019.
Advance is committed to equality and diversity and strongly encourages applications from women with disabilities, from BME backgrounds and the LBT community.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Community Key Worker, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Working hours: 35 hours per week (some evening and weekend work may be required)