Brent, London (with travel to attend MARAC meetings)
Are you an administration or office management professional looking to specialise your skill set? Want to gain experience in the charitable sector and support the success of a forward-thinking organisation? If so, read on.
We are Advance, a women-only organisation dedicated to helping women cope and recover from experiences of domestic abuse, as well as women who are at risk of offending or with short term sentences to reduce offending.
As a result of significant growth over the past two years to £3.5m income and circa 90 staff, Advance is now able to provide vital specialist women’s services across London and in partnership on national projects.
Our project in Brent aims to support survivors of domestic abuse who are at high and medium risk of domestic abuse, helping them to understand their options and reduce their risk. This work is carried out through one-to-one support with survivors and by working closely with partner agencies to improve the response to survivors.
We are currently looking for a MARAC (Multi-Agency Risk Assessment Conference) Administrator to join our high-performing Brent team on a fixed-term contract until the 30th June 2021.
- Salary of £21,000 - £22,000 DOE pro rata
- Workplace pension
- 30 days’ holiday pro rata plus Bank Holidays
- A day off for International Women’s Day
This is a brilliant opportunity to join a ground-breaking charity that is passionate about helping people to live safe, equal lives that are free of violence.
We are making a huge difference to the lives of women and girls across London and you will have the chance to play a key role in the smooth running of our service in Brent.
So, if you are looking for the opportunity to take on a rewarding contract where you can make a real difference, we want to hear from you.
As a MARAC Administrator, you will support our MARAC Co-ordinator in the administration of the MARAC (Multi-Agency Risk Assessment Conference) process.
In this varied role, you’ll process MARAC referrals, accurately enter details into our case management system and highlight any issues to the MARAC Co-ordinator.
Additionally, you will:
- Take minutes at the MARAC
- Compile information for the MARAC Co-ordinator to review
- Help to collate reports and presentations
- Deputise for the MARAC Co-ordinator when required
To join us as a MARAC Administrator, you will need:
- Experience in office management and/or administration roles
- Previous experience of maintaining data systems and producing regular monitoring reports
- A qualification in a relevant discipline such as Business Administration OR comprehensive working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel and Access
- An accurate and methodical approach when dealing with data processing, filing systems, facts and figures
- The ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- An understanding of, and commitment to, equal opportunities, confidentiality and anti-discriminatory practice
Please note: only female applicants will be progressed as being female is deemed to be a genuine occupational requirement under Schedule 9, Paragraph 1 of the Equality Act 2010.
Knowledge of the following would be beneficial: violence against women and girls would be beneficial, particularly the dynamics of domestic violence (physical, emotional and sexual violence, so-called ‘honour-based’ violence, forced marriage, stalking and harassment) and its impact on women, children, families and communities.
Other organisations may call this role Administrator, Service Administrator, Charity Administrator, Healthcare Administrator, Office Manager, Team Administrator, Administrative Assistant, or Service Co-ordinator.
The closing date for applications is the 20th July 2020. Interviews are scheduled to be held on the week commencing the 27th July 2020.
Advance is committed to equality and diversity and strongly encourages applications from women with disabilities, from BME backgrounds and the LBT community.
So, if you are seeking your next challenge as a MARAC Administrator, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Working hours: 35 hours per week