WE ARE LOOKING FOR AN EXPERIENCED MANAGER TO JOIN OUR TEAM ON A FIXED TERM CONTRACT
Are you looking for a dynamic and rewarding role working for an organisation with the feminist agenda at the core of its ethos?
Do you believe in our values; to listen and support, to empower and respect, collaborate, innovate, and take accountability?
Then Advance could be the career choice for you!
Role: Community and Co-locations Manager
Salary: £31,000 - £35,000 dependent on experience
Location: Hammersmith with responsibility for the Tri borough area (Hammersmith and Fulham, Westminster, Kensington and Chelsea)
Contract: Fixed-term contract until November 2021
Hours: 35 hours per week
Established in 1998, Advance is an award-winning innovative non-profit organisation supporting women and girls experiencing domestic abuse and those women in the criminal justice system, enabling them to live safe, violence-free and equal lives. We are at the forefront of developing whole systems change services, establishing the first teams working within statutory settings to reach women and girls such as in police stations, hospitals, social care and probation services.
We are a passionate and dedicated team who believe in empathy, empowerment, collaboration and innovation and accountability. These qualities characterise our work with women and girls experiencing trauma, reaching over 6,000 women and their children each year. The organisation has recently expanded its services, with annual income of £4m and approx. 90 staff working across London.
In brief, you will:
- Support and line manage domestic abuse frontline workers, including providing day to day guidance on practice matters and case management to ensure staff adhere to their responsibilities in relation to policies, procedures, best practice, and safeguarding adults and children, and that clients receive a service that is appropriate to needs, risk and safety
- Ensure the service is adequately staffed, and provide cover where necessary
- Recruit, induct, train, develop and performance manage the domestic abuse frontline workers, groups facilitators, volunteers and students including appraisals, supervision, and probation reviews to ensure that work is of a consistently high quality
- Represent Advance in meetings and support the Senior Services Manager in the development and maintenance of strong relationships and management of partnerships to ensure effective service delivery, communication, and puts service users at the heart of the partnership activity for new and existing services
- Ensure line managed staff work within the organisation’s ethos and ensuring organisational objectives are translated into individual work plans with clear and realisable targets.
- Support the Senior Services Manager with the planning and implementation of new service developments and contacts and participate in multi-agency working parties and focus groups, as appropriate.
- Ensure staff training and development needs are regularly evaluated and that appropriate training, coaching and learning opportunities are provided
- Oversee preparation of reports for case conferences, MARAC and court, and attend as necessary
- Ensure feedback from service users is used to improve services and is captured throughout the programme of support at a range of intervals and through a range of methods
What we offer:
- 30 days holiday plus public holidays, pro rata for part time, and a day off for International Women’s Day
- Pension scheme
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- The opportunity to work in a flexible, supportive environment with a team of committed, inspiring women and we will support you as you to continue to build your skills and experience.
For more information, please find the full job description attached.
The closing date for applications is Sunday 15th November
Interviews will take place week beginning 23rd November
To apply, please send your CV along with a supporting statement setting out how you meet the criteria for the role and indicating where you first saw this role advertised, your notice period and salary expectations.
Please note that any offer of employment will be made subject to references and confirmation of the right to work in the UK and satisfactory enhanced DBS check
PLEASE NOTE: This post is open to female applicants only as being female is deemed to be a genuine occupational requirement under Schedule 9, Paragraph 1 of the Equality Act 2010.
Advance is committed to equality and diversity and strongly encourages applications from women with disabilities, from BME backgrounds and the LBT community, and with personal experience of the criminal justice system.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.