Are you looking for a dynamic and rewarding role working for an organisation with the feminist agenda at the core of its ethos? Do you believe in our values; to listen and support, to empower and respect, collaborate, innovate, and take accountability?
Then we may have the role for you!
WE ARE LOOKING FOR COMMUNITY KEYWORKERS TO WORK WITH OUR MINERVA TEAM ON THE DELIVERY OF A NEW SERVICE OUTSIDE OF LONDON.
Work location: Based in one of the Advance Women’s Centres and co-located in one or more local boroughs with travel across the specified geographic region to provide targeted support to women as required.
The successful candidate will have a full UK driving license and the ability to secure a vehicle for use (with mileage to be compensated)
We have a range of positions, both full and part time across the below regions:
- Region 1 – Hampshire
- Region 2 – Kent
- Region 3 - Thames Valley
- Region 4 – Essex
- Region 5 - Hertfordshire
Please note the maximum salary in each region: up to £21,000 per annum in Essex and Hertfordshire and up to £23,000 per annum in Kent, Hampshire and Thames Valley
If you have a preference for a geographic region and full/part time work, please state this clearly in your application.
This post is open to female applicants only as being female is deemed to be a genuine occupational requirement under Schedule 9, Paragraph 1 of the Equality Act 2010.
Advance is committed to equality and diversity and strongly encourages applications from women with disabilities, from BME backgrounds and the LBT community, and with personal experience of the criminal justice system.
What we do:
Advance is a well-respected, award-winning and innovative women-only organisation, established in 1998, providing emotional and practical support to women experiencing domestic abuse and supporting women with short-term sentences to reduce offending. Through the Minerva service, our goal is to divert women from the Criminal Justice System at the earliest opportunity and prevent families breaking down as a result.
We are in the process of expanding our service beyond our London footprint to Bedfordshire, Essex, Hampshire, Hertfordshire and Kent, along with Thames Valley, providing one-to-one advocacy and specialist work including workshops and group activities delivered by Advance in partnership with voluntary organisations.
In short you will:
- Provide an in-reach service to women in prison via video call/telephone and face to face in the 12 weeks prior to leaving custody to assist in preparing them for release.
- Develop and regularly review an individual support plan across all 9 pathways to women released from custody.
- Meet women face-to-face to provide emotional and practical support, aiming to reduce re-offending and encourage desistance for the women.
- Attend the different probation offices in the region you cover to integrate with NPS staff and introduce the Minerva services to the client.
- Contribute to creating and updating the local Services Directory with details of local organisations, key contacts and details of services on offer, including eligibility criteria.
What we offer:
- 30 days holiday plus public holidays
- Pension scheme
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Staff away days
In addition to the great benefits listed above, you will have the opportunity to work in a flexible, supportive environment with a team of committed, inspiring women.
For the full job description and person specification please view the attachment below.
Applications close on Monday 31st May 2021.
Please note we will be assessing applications on a rolling basis and inviting shortlisted candidates to interview throughout the process. We reserve the right to close this post early should the recruitment be successful prior to the listed date.
Any offer of employment will be made subject to references and confirmation of the right to work in the UK, verification of a UK driver’s license and an enhanced DBS check.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.