WE ARE LOOKING FOR A PASSIONATE ENGAGEMENT OFFICER TO JOIN OUR ORGANISATION IN A NEWLY CREATED FLEXIBLE PART TIME ROLE
Role: Engagement Officer
Salary: £22,000 - £25,000 per annum based on experience; pro rata for part time hours
Location: Advance Head Office in Hammersmith with some travel across London and South/East England to other Advance sites
Hours: Part Time; 21 – 28 hours per week will be considered.
This post is open to female applicants only as being female is deemed to be a genuine occupational requirement under Schedule 9, Paragraph 1 of the Equality Act 2010.
Advance is committed to equality and diversity and strongly encourages applications from women with disabilities, from BME backgrounds and the LBT community.
Please note that any offer of employment will be made subject to references and confirmation of the right to work in the UK and satisfactory enhanced DBS check
Advance is a national women’s organisation established in 1998 which empowers women and girls to lead safe, violence-free, equal lives so that they can flourish in the community. We do this through our mission of saving and changing lives, by working with women who experience domestic abuse to be safe and lead the lives they choose, and women who have committed crime or are at risk of offending to break the cycle.
Our approach is holistic and centred on the survivor, working with them to develop a safety and support plan that responds to their needs and empowers them, on the often-long journey to recovery from the trauma of their experiences. Our services reach over 8000 women and children annually across England, with an annual income of £6m and 125 staff. Our values are to listen, empowerment, collaboration, innovation and accountability.
Advance evokes systemic change by engaging with professionals within statutory agencies, including commissioners and policymakers, to deliver sustainable impact for women. Through a coordinated community response, we work in partnership with over twenty charities, as well as regional and national government to develop innovative responses and influence policy.
You will join Advance at an exciting time of growth and development for the organisation, working with service-users and women with lived experiences, stakeholders and potential supporters to contribute to the development of our services and to research and policy briefings, aimed at improving outcomes for women and girls and ending VAWG.
You will be responsible for engaging and communicating with people from different backgrounds and will work with our Services and External Affairs teams to design and deliver projects aligned to our strategic aims.
What you will bring:
- Experience working on or participating in research and/or community projects.
- A strong commitment to supporting women and girls and to make lasting change in tackling VAWG and the criminal justice system
- Experience of supporting people to engage in an inclusive and collaborative way, and building relationships with different groups and stakeholders, across many sites
- Experience of using creative or digital platforms and techniques for community engagement
- Experience of designing and facilitating workshops, activities and events where everyone feels able to attend and contribute will be highly regarded
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to proactively engage with a range of people and stakeholders
What we offer:
- 30 days holiday plus public holidays, pro rata for part time, and a day off for International Women’s Day
- Pension scheme
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Various forms of wellbeing support
- Organisation wide away days
- The opportunity to work in a flexible, supportive environment with a team of committed, inspiring women and we will support you as you to continue to build your skills and experience and grow your career
To apply: Please submit your CV along with a supporting statement setting out how you meet the criteria for the role.
Applications close on Sunday 7th November 2021
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.