Are you looking for a dynamic and rewarding role working for an organisation with the feminist agenda at the core of its ethos? Do you believe in our values; to listen and support, to empower and respect, collaborate, innovate, and take accountability?
Then Advance could be the career choice for you!
We are looking for AN EXPERIENCED IDVA TO JOIN OUR TEAM on a part time basis WORKING AS PART OF THE ANGELOU PARTNERSHIP
Location: Hammersmith, with travel across boroughs to provide targeted support to women as required.
Hours: 21 hours per week
What we do:
Advance is an award-winning and innovative women-only organisation, established in 1998, providing emotional and practical support to women and girls who are survivors of domestic abuse and supporting women with short-term sentences to reduce offending. We believe in empowering women and girls to lead safe, non-violent, equal lives so that they can flourish and contribute to the community.
Advance delivers nationally accredited, quality marked services in Hammersmith & Fulham, Westminster and Kensington & Chelsea. We work within a coordinated partnership response to violence against women and girls as part of the Angelou Partnership. Advance provides independent domestic violence advocacy and support for women, children and young people who have experienced domestic abuse.
We deliver these services through our teams of skilled professionals and are looking to bring in additional expertise to strengthen the support we provide. As an experienced IDVA you will work within a dynamic, fast paced, crisis intervention, advocacy and support service to ensure the voices of survivors inform every stage of the process. Working as part of a team you will make proactive contact and provide high quality advocacy and support which is led by client needs and risk assessment. Some evening work will be required on a rota system once we return to office-based working.
What you will bring:
- A sound understanding of domestic abuse and its effects on women and children, as well as best practice within the domestic abuse sector.
- Substantial experience working as a domestic abuse advocate including working with complex and multiple needs
- Solid skills in risk management and safety planning, with the ability to remain calm in a crisis.
- Experience of direct work with female survivors of domestic violence and of working within safeguarding procedures
What we offer:
- 30 days holiday plus public holidays, and a day off for International Women’s Day
- Pension scheme
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Various forms of wellbeing support ranging from meditation to self-journaling
- Organisation wide away days
- The opportunity to work in a flexible, supportive environment with a team of committed, inspiring women and we will support you as you to continue to build your skills and experience and grow your career
Please see the attached job description.
The closing date for applications is 18th December
We will be shortlisting and interviewing for this position on a rolling basis. We reserve the right to close this position earlier than advertised should a suitable candidate be found. We encourage applications at your earliest convenience.
To apply: Please click on the 'Apply with CharityJob' button to submit your CV with a supporting statement setting out how you meet the criteria for the role and details of your notice period, salary expectations and where you first heard of this vacancy.
Please note that any offer of employment will be made subject to references and confirmation of the right to work in the UK and satisfactory enhanced DBS check
This post is open to female applicants only as being female is deemed to be a genuine occupational requirement under Schedule 9, Paragraph 1 of the Equality Act 2010.
Advance is committed to equality and diversity and strongly encourages applications from women with disabilities, from BME backgrounds and the LBT community, and with personal experience of the criminal justice system.