Are you looking for a dynamic and rewarding role working for an organisation with the feminist agenda at the core of its ethos? Do you believe in our values; to listen and support, to empower and respect, collaborate, innovate, and take accountability?
Then we may have the role for you!
WE ARE LOOKING FOR INTERVENTION AND WOMEN’S CENTRE COORDINATORS TO WORK WITH OUR MINERVA TEAM ON THE DELIVERY OF A NEW SERVICE OUTSIDE OF LONDON
Work location: Based in one of the Advance or partner Women’s Centres with travel across the specified geographic region to other centres/community hubs as required.
The successful candidate will have a full UK driving license and the ability to secure a vehicle for use (with mileage to be compensated)
We have a range of positions:
• Region 1 – Hampshire (0.5 FTE – 2.5 days per week)
• Region 2 – Kent (0.4 FTE – 2 days per week)
• Region 3 - Thames Valley (0.2 FTE – 1 day per week)
• Region 4 – Essex and Hertfordshire (0.4 FTE – 2 days per week)
If you have a preference for a geographic region, please state this clearly in your application.
This post is open to female applicants only as being female is deemed to be a genuine occupational requirement under Schedule 9, Paragraph 1 of the Equality Act 2010.
Advance is committed to equality and diversity and strongly encourages applications from women with disabilities, from BME backgrounds and the LBT community, and with personal experience of the criminal justice system.
What we do:
Advance is a well-respected, award-winning and innovative women-only organisation, established in 1998, providing emotional and practical support to women experiencing domestic abuse and supporting women with short-term sentences to reduce offending. Through the Minerva service, our goal is to divert women from the Criminal Justice System at the earliest opportunity and prevent families breaking down as a result.
We are in the process of expanding our service beyond our London footprint to Bedfordshire, Essex, Hampshire, Hertfordshire and Kent, along with Thames Valley, providing one-to-one advocacy and specialist work including workshops and group activities delivered by Advance in partnership with voluntary organisations.
In short you will:
• Be the first point of contact for clients coming to the Women’s Centre; offering a warm welcome and trauma informed approach.
• Hold responsibility for the Minerva telephone number and email account in your region.
• Assist in researching additional resources and events for service users; both within the Centre and across the region.
• Contribute to creating and lead on updating the local Services Directory with details of local organisations, key contacts and details of services on offer, including eligibility criteria.
• Assist the Service Manager in managing the smooth running of the Women’s Centre in your region, including managing the group workshops timetable, arranging meetings and booking external venues for client groups or training events.
• Facilitate direct group delivery and events at the Women’s Centre and regional venues
• Assist the Service Manager with the quality assurance and collation of data and information as required, including for funder reports.
What we offer:
• 30 days holiday plus public holidays
• Pension scheme
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
• Staff away days
In addition to the great benefits listed above, you will have the opportunity to work in a flexible, supportive environment with a team of committed, inspiring women.
Please find the full job description and person specification attached below.
Applications close on Monday 31st May 2021
Please note we will be assessing applications on a rolling basis and inviting shortlisted candidates to interview throughout the process. We reserve the right to close this post early should the recruitment be successful prior to the listed date.
To apply: Please submit your CV along with a supporting statement addressing your suitability for and interest in the role, paying particular attention to criteria in the person specification.
Please note that any offer of employment will be made subject to references and confirmation of the right to work in the UK, verification of a UK driver’s license and an enhanced DBS check.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.