Are you looking for a dynamic and rewarding role working in an organisation with the feminist agenda at the core of its ethos? Do you believe in our values; to listen and support, to empower and respect, collaborate, innovate, and take accountability?
Then Advance could be the career choice for you!
Advance is an award-winning and innovative women-only organisation, established in 1998, providing emotional and practical support to women and girls who are survivors of domestic abuse and supporting women with short-term sentences to reduce offending. We believe in empowering women and girls to lead safe, non-violent, equal lives so that they can flourish and contribute to the community.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR A MARAC (MULTI AGENCY RISK ASSESSMENT CONFERENCE) COORDINATOR TO JOIN OUR TEAM ON A PERMANENT BASIS
Job: MARAC Coordinator
Salary: Starting from £27,000 with less experience to £30,000 with relevant demonstrable experience
Working hours: 35 hours per week according to contract terms
Work location: Based in Brent
Advance delivers nationally accredited, quality marked domestic abuse services in Hammersmith & Fulham, Westminster, Kensington & Chelsea and Brent. We work within a coordinated partnership response to domestic violence to provide independent domestic violence advocacy and support for women, children and young people and women’s community services for women who are involved in the criminal justice system, in anti-social behaviour or are at risk of breaking the law.
The advocacy and MARAC project in Brent is composed of a Programme Manager, IDVAs, MARAC Coordinator, and domestic abuse workers. The aim of the project is to support survivors of domestic abuse who are at high and medium risk of domestic abuse to know their options and reduce their risk. This work is carried out through one to one support with survivors and in working closely with partner agencies to improve the response to survivors.
The MARAC Coordinator will:
- Coordinate, administer, and manage the smooth operation of the MARAC.
- Bring together agencies to ensure that local systems are truly keeping survivors safe, holding perpetrators to account, and preventing domestic abuse.
- Be located in Brent and meet MARAC partners in a variety of settings in the community.
- Spend time raising awareness of the service, domestic abuse, and the MARAC in addition to training agencies on the MARAC and inducting new MARAC representatives on the MARAC.
- Identify partner agencies to attend MARAC and liaise with senior managers to secure membership.
- Work closely with a broad range of permanent partner agencies to ensure that all relevant members of staff are familiar with the MARAC process, their role and responsibilities within it and receive appropriate training, induction and information as necessary.
- Develop and maintain the necessary documentation to ensure the smooth running of the MARAC.
- Identify case practice issues and bring it to the relevant Manager.
Please find the full job description attached.
The closing date for applications is 13th November
Interviews will take place in the week commencing 16th November
To apply: Please send your CV along with a supporting statement setting out how you meet the criteria for the role and indicating where you first saw this role advertised, your notice period and salary expectations.
Please note that any offer of employment will be made subject to references and confirmation of the right to work in the UK and satisfactory enhanced DBS check. This role also requires police vetting.
This post is open to female applicants only as being female is deemed to be a genuine occupational requirement under Schedule 9, Paragraph 1 of the Equality Act 2010.
Advance is committed to equality and diversity and strongly encourages applications from women with disabilities, from BME backgrounds and the LBT community, and with personal experience of the criminal justice system.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.