Are you looking for a dynamic and rewarding role working in an organisation with the feminist agenda at the core of its ethos?
Do you believe in our values; to listen and support, to empower and respect, collaborate, innovate, and take accountability?
Then Advance could be the career choice for you!
WE ARE LOOKING FOR A WOMEN’S CENTRE COORDINATOR TO JOIN OUR MINERVA TEAM IN A CRUCIAL SERVICE ROLE BASED IN EAST LONDON
Salary: £22,000 per annum
Location: East London (Stratford)
Hours: 35 hours per week
This post is open to female applicants only as being female is deemed to be a genuine occupational requirement under Schedule 9, Paragraph 1 of the Equality Act 2010.
Advance is committed to equality and diversity and strongly encourages applications from women with disabilities, from BME backgrounds and the LBT community, and with personal experience of the criminal justice system.
Please note that any offer of employment will be made subject to references and confirmation of the right to work in the UK and satisfactory enhanced DBS check
What we do
Advance is a well-respected, award-winning and innovative women-only organisation, established in 1998, providing emotional and practical support to women experiencing domestic abuse and supporting women with short-term sentences to reduce offending. Through the Minerva service, our goal is to divert women from the Criminal Justice System at the earliest opportunity and prevent families breaking down as a result.
This position is the first point of contact for women accessing our services. You will provide the initial impression of Advance Minerva and be a welcoming and approachable presence in the Centre, taking pride in creating a safe and inclusive atmosphere. This role is centre based, 5 days a week with no current remote working options.
In short you will:
• Be the first point of contact for clients coming to the Women’s Centre; offering a warm welcome and trauma informed approach.
• Hold responsibility for the Minerva telephone number and email account in your region.
• Assist in researching additional resources and events for service users; both within the Centre and across the region.
• Contribute to creating and lead on updating the local Services Directory with details of local organisations, key contacts, and details of services on offer, including eligibility criteria.
• Assist the Interventions and Centres Manager with the smooth running of the Women’s Centre in your region, including managing the group workshops timetable, arranging meetings and booking external venues for client groups or training events.
• Assist the CJS Management Team with the quality assurance and collation of data and information as required, including for funder reports.
What we offer:
• 30 days holiday plus public holidays
• Pension scheme
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
• Staff away days
In addition to the great benefits listed above, you will have the opportunity to work in a flexible, supportive environment with a team of committed, inspiring women and we will support you as you to continue to build your skills and experience and grow your career.
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 13th October
Interviews will be held week commencing 18th October