Are you looking for a dynamic and rewarding role working in an organisation with the feminist agenda at the core of its ethos? Do you believe in our values; to listen and support, to empower and respect, collaborate, innovate, and take accountability?
Then Advance could be the career choice for you!
WE ARE LOOKING FOR AN EXPERIENCED MANAGER TO JOIN OUR MINERVA TEAM AND LEAD OUR WOMEN’S CENTRES AND INTERVENTIONS PROGRAMME.
Job Title: WrapAround Interventions and Centres Manager
Responsible to: Senior Services Manager
Salary: £31,000 - £34,000 dependent on experience
Pension: Workplace pension
Working Hours: 35 hours per week
Work Location: Based at the two London Regional Women’s Centres (West/Hammersmith or North/East) London boroughs, with some travel across London boroughs required.
This post is open to female applicants only as being female is deemed to be a genuine occupational requirement under Schedule 9, Paragraph 1 of the Equality Act 2010.
Advance is committed to equality and diversity and strongly encourages applications from women with disabilities, from BME backgrounds and the LBT community, and with personal experience of the criminal justice system.
What we do:
Advance is an award-winning and innovative women-only organisation, established in 1998, providing emotional and practical support to women and girls who are survivors of domestic abuse and supporting women with short-term sentences to reduce offending. We believe in empowering women and girls to lead safe, non-violent, equal lives so that they can flourish and contribute to the community.
We specialise in a range of services which support women and girl survivors of domestic abuse, through our Hammersmith offices and at co-located services across five London boroughs. A vital part of our support and advocacy work is crisis intervention for women requiring often urgent help to be safe, as well as longer term trauma-informed support to address the long-lasting effects of abuse. Over 9 years ago we expanded our services to support women across London with short-term offences, many of whom are also survivors of domestic abuse, to reduce or end offending. Our goal is to divert women from the Criminal Justice System at the earliest opportunity and prevent families breaking down as a result.
This position is a diverse and exciting opportunity for a manager experienced in delivering services to women in the criminal justice system and with a passion for empowering women to regain control of their lives.
You will: -
- Manage the west London and north east London women’s centres and key pan London elements of the service, working closely with partners to implement the WrapAround Service model approach.
- Work in partnership with the Senior Services Manager to develop and implement the specialist programme of workshops and groups, to be delivered locally and at the women’s centres, as well as other specialist services, in partnership with 10 voluntary sector organisations, and the statutory agencies of each borough.
- Support and line-manage the Young Women’s Keyworkers and develop the young women’s service, to ensure that young women are offered support around the nine pathways to offending.
- Provide matrix management for specialist workers who are employed by our partners and are co-located in the Minerva WrapAround team.
- Develop and manage operational partnerships to deliver the services in line with women’s needs, developing, establishing and managing partnership relationships as required to ensure this is achieved.
- Monitor and evaluate data, identify learnings and issues and implement action plans where necessary, to ensure that the delivery of the service requirements, targets and outcomes, as well as any internal and funder monitoring requirements are achieved.
- Ensure delivery of quality systems, ensuring quality of service and safeguarding standards.
- Work closely with our voluntary and community sector partners and local borough partners to build strong working relationships for referral pathways and holistic support for the women.
What you will bring:
The successful candidate for this role will have an in-depth knowledge of issues facing women offenders and those at risk of offending; both in and out of the criminal justice system and the ability to see how violence against women and girls interlinks to women in the criminal justice system.
In short, you will have: -
- Experience of working in the criminal justice system, for example within or in partnership with Probation services or similar offender services
- Strong experience of supervision of staff or volunteers, particularly co-located staff, including managing performance and achieving targets through review of individual and team practice
- Practical experience of working directly with women presenting complex needs related to offending (e.g. substance misuse, homelessness, poor mental health)
- A strong working knowledge of risk management, needs assessment, safety and support planning, particularly with clients with complex/multiple needs.
- A proven track record of building and maintaining networks and working with partner agencies and other stakeholders to develop and deliver services.
- Leadership experience, including building a strong team, and maintaining their motivation, particularly through periods of change.
What we offer:
- 30 days holiday plus public holidays pro rata, and a day off for International Women’s Day
- Pension scheme
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Staff away days
In addition to the great benefits listed above, you will have the opportunity to work in a flexible, supportive environment with a team of committed, inspiring women and we will support you as you to continue to build your skills and experience and grow your career.
For the full job description and person specification please click attached.
Applications close on Monday 25th January 2021.
Interviews will be conducted on Monday 1st and Tuesday 2nd February.
To apply: Please send your CV along with a supporting statement addressing your suitability for and interest in the role, paying particular attention to the essential criteria in the person specification and indicating where you first saw this role advertised, your notice period and salary expectations.
Please note that any offer of employment will be made subject to references and confirmation of the right to work in the UK and satisfactory enhanced DBS check.