Are you looking for a dynamic and rewarding role working for an organisation with the feminist agenda at the core of its ethos?
Do you believe in our values; to listen and support, to empower and respect, collaborate, innovate, and take accountability?
Then Advance could be the career choice for you!
WE ARE LOOKING FOR A YOUNG PERSONS ADVOCATE TO JOIN OUR TEAM IN HAMMERSMITH.
Salary: £26,000 – £30,000 per annum dependent on experience
£26,00 - £28,000 for an experienced IDVA looking for a new challenge
Location: Hammersmith (Flexible hybrid options)
Hours: Full time; 35 hours per week
This post is open to female applicants only as being female is deemed to be a genuine occupational requirement under Schedule 9, Paragraph 1 of the Equality Act 2010.
Advance is committed to equality and diversity and strongly encourages applications from women with disabilities, from BME backgrounds and the LBT community.
Please note that any offer of employment will be made subject to references and confirmation of the right to work in the UK and satisfactory enhanced DBS check
What we do:
Advance delivers nationally accredited, quality marked services in Hammersmith & Fulham, Westminster, and Kensington & Chelsea. We work within a coordinated partnership response to violence against women and girls in these three boroughs as part of the Angelou Partnership, within the partnership Advance provides independent domestic violence advocacy and support for women, children and young people who have experienced domestic abuse.
What you will bring:
The post holder will have proven experience of working with children and young people and may have a background in youth work. They will have an excellent understanding of violence against women and girls, risk management and of best practice within the young people’s sector. As an experienced youth worker who has worked with young women and girls with complex and multiple needs, the post holder will be skilled in risk management and safety and support planning, remaining calm in a crisis and in handling sensitive information on a daily basis. Experience of direct work with young women and girls who have experienced abuse, and of working within safeguarding procedures is essential for this post, as is the need to adopt and promote a strong partnership approach to service provision.
In short, you will:
- Ensure increased access to the service for young women and girls aged 13-24 at risk of or experiencing domestic violence, across the Angelou Partnership Services, encouraging their engagement with the service through multi agency working and service flexibility.
- Assist with establishing links with young people’s services across the three boroughs, supporting the Manager to develop referral pathways with these services and establish positive, proactive and innovative working relationships with these partners.
- Hold a caseload of young women and girls (aged 13-24) and work alongside the team to conduct comprehensive assessments of needs and risk, including use of the Barnardo’s Risk Identification Matrix, for young women and girls experiencing domestic violence referred to the service.
- Assess the needs and risks of survivors, carry out short and longer-term risk management, safety planning and support and identify and refer to services appropriate to their needs.
- Deliver high quality, holistic support (using methods that encourage engagement of young people, including face to face, instant messaging and online work) that promotes lasting change for children and young people, including around education and training, relationships, self-esteem, confidence, wellbeing, sex, boundaries and self-care.
What we offer:
- 30 days holiday plus public holidays, and a day off for International Women’s Day
- Pension scheme
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Various forms of wellbeing support ranging from meditation to self-journaling
- Organisation wide away days
- The opportunity to work in a flexible, supportive environment with a team of committed, inspiring women and we will support you as you to continue to build your skills and experience and grow your career
- Flexible Hybrid Options
- Perkbox Benefits for Discounts and Savings!
The closing date for applications is Sunday 5th June 2022.
Interviews to commence 7th-9th June 2022.