We are looking for an Area Fundraiser who can develop and grow support for our charity in Devon. We need you to be full of ideas, resilient and passionate about our cause. We need you to change lives through adventure.
About the organisation
Adventure Therapy exists to improve the emotional and physical wellbeing of children and adults with unique health conditions, impairments or limitations through outdoor and adventure-led activities.
Our activities are varied and include surfing, kayaking, paddle boarding and coasteering through to climbing, caving, treetop adventures, mountain biking, bushcraft, archery and horse riding.
We support people with mental health conditions, learning disability, physical disability, life-limiting illnesses and life-changing conditions. We make a positive difference in challenging and complex lives.
We receive personal referrals, from a parent or guardian (in the case of children and vulnerable adults) and professional referrals through other charities, community organisations, schools and colleges, social services, GP practices and healthcare providers.
As our first employed fundraiser, your role will be to raise awareness and the profile of Adventure Therapy in the community by creating and developing successful relationships with individuals, businesses, organisations, volunteers and through key events.
We have ambitious plans to increase our impact and income over the next 5 years and we are looking for an experienced fundraising or sales professional to help us achieve our mission.
You need to be an exceptional communicator and confident in talking to supporters over the phone, through virtual meetings (such as Zoom or Microsoft Teams) and face to face. You will provide presentations to community groups, organisations and businesses. We will provide training on what to say, but you will need to be confident and whilst not essential, ideally, you will have experience of presenting.
You will be the face of Adventure Therapy in the community and to support you in your role, you will recruit and manage volunteers. If you don’t have experience of managing volunteers we can teach you, but it is vital that you have an understanding and appreciation of the incredible value that volunteers bring to Adventure Therapy, by inspiring and motivating them to support us over the long-term.
This is a homebased role, so we need someone who is a self-starter, organised and efficient. We need someone who is creative, enthusiastic, used to working on their own initiative and incredibly motivated. You will be someone who is resourceful, inspiring and happy to work in a diverse environment. You will be ready to give our supporters the best experience of Adventure Therapy and be prepared to raise funds from a range of sources.
It is vital that you understand the role will include some unsocial hours, including evenings and weekends.
What we offer
A fixed term contract for 2 years with an expectation the role will become permanent subject to targets being met.
Actual salary - £15,693 - £16,052 (22.5 hours per week) during initial contract period.
We provide a 6% employers contribution into a pension scheme and 25 days holiday (FTE), 15 days actual plus bank holidays in year 1, rising to 30 days holiday (FTE), 18 days actual plus bank holidays in year 2 and subsequent years.
This is a rare and exciting opportunity to make a real difference to the children and adults we support in Devon, Cornwall and Somerset, through a role which can develop in the future through your dedication and commitment to our cause.
Duties and Key Responsibilities
- Develop, manage and deliver a successful fundraising strategy for the designated area.
- Manage all aspects of community, business and event fundraising throughout the designated area, in line with Adventure Therapy’s overall fundraising strategy.
- Ensure income from all potential sources within the area is maximised.
- Manage your workload in a cost-effective, efficient and proactive way.
- Proactively seek new fundraising opportunities through individual supporters, community groups, events and businesses.
- Support and encourage volunteers and to manage volunteers and volunteer groups in your area.
- Work under your own initiative, referring to line manager when appropriate.
- Provide guidance, advice and support to individuals and organisations fundraising for Adventure Therapy.
- Promote the work of Adventure Therapy through public speaking and presentations.
- Manage and participate in fundraising events and third party activities as required.
- Maintain excellent links with local media to maximise awareness of Adventure Therapy across the region.
- Participate in project work and working groups to improve policies and processes.
Please download the full Job Description and Person Specification for more information about the role.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.