Length of contract: 12 months fixed term
Salary: £22,183 to £26,511 per annum (NJC scale 12/21)
Based at: Trafford
Hours: 30 hours
We help people to achieve the outcomes that matter to them in their lives, by providing high quality advocacy.
Purpose of role
The role of a community advocate will be to provide support to individuals 18+ within the community to have a voice in decisions affecting their life, whilst helping them to understand their rights. The role will require the post holder to promote self-advocacy and empowerment and enable people to make informed decisions and get their views heard in matters relating to mental health and/or care and support needs within health and social care. This will be through one-to-one advocacy and other models of advocacy as required. This activity will include working with people of all ages, including those with learning disabilities, people with mental health needs, people with physical and sensory impairment, and older people.
Here are a few examples of how you could be supporting someone:
- Supporting a parent to have a voice when dealing with children social care services.
- Supporting a person to navigate health services and attend appointments such as mental health services or the GP.
- Supporting a person to access and navigate adult social care services
- Supporting a person to express dissatisfaction with services such as NHS Organisations or Adult Social Care or speaking on the phone if appropriate.
- Support a person to understand what services are available to them both statutory and in the community to meet their health and social care needs.
Alternatively, you can post this to us at Advocacy Focus, First Floor, The Old Tannery, Eastgate, Accrington, Lancashire BB5 6PW.