We are looking for a highly organised and enthusiastic team member to support our leadership team. It is a new role within the organisation, designed to support our CEO and COO/Head of Casework with administrative and operational support.
The role will involve engagement with a wide range of external stakeholders and handling confidential information. It is a diverse, hands-on role which requires professionalism, interpersonal skills, energy and attention to detail.
You will be responsible for supporting senior management across a variety of areas and it would be a good opportunity for someone interested in a career in the voluntary sector.
- Provide support to the CEO and COO with diary, arranging external and internal meetings, email management, preparing papers, and drafting or sending out correspondence
- Provide support with HR administration
- Assist with other key internal or external meetings, distributing agendas and papers, and following up with staff and stakeholders
- Support the CEO and COO in tracking the implementation and reporting of the business plan
- Support the Board of Trustees by scheduling and attending meetings, taking minutes, coordinating the preparation of Board papers
- Support key functions including office management, staff recruitment and induction, staff training and events, and meeting compliance requirements.
- Act as a contact with suppliers and certain stakeholders with guidance provided by the CEO/COO.
- Maintain electronic filing systems, ensuring processes and software are up to date and in working order
- Strong writing abilities, ranging from summarising Board discussions to drafting emails and correspondence.
- Ability to interact comfortably with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to juggle and prioritise multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Strong organisational and administrative skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to demonstrate flexibility, with a willingness to respond quickly
- Sound judgment, sensitivity and discretion in handling confidential information.
- Proficient in using Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Some understanding of Salesforce would be desirable, together with some experience of producing graphics for reports.
- Knowledge of the legal profession and/or the access to justice sector or related subjects is helpful but not essential.
To apply for the position, please submit a CV and cover letter outlining your interest and suitability for the role, taking into account the requirements set out in the person specification.
Advocate is an equal opportunities employer.
Interviews: 11th August by Zoom.
Start date: 8th September
Thank you for your interest.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.