Head of Fundraising, Marketing, Communications & Engagement Aerobility, Blackbushe Airport Salary: £38k Job Type: Permanent
Aerobility is a registered charity founded in 1993 offering disabled people, without exception, the opportunity to fly an aeroplane.
For some, just that amazing first flight is enough to change their outlook on disability forever:
"If I can fly a plane, what else can I do?"
Purpose of Job
To develop, implement and deliver an ongoing fundraising strategy. To development and implement a marketing communications strategy that supports the delivery of cost effective and sustained income growth and increased engagement with our community of stakeholders and users.
- Fundraising & Engagement Strategy:
- Develop, implement and evolve a marketing communications, fundraising and engagement strategy that ensures the successful delivery of Aerobility fundraising strategy
- Challenge existing practice and identify new and better ways of working in order to accelerate Aerobility towards achieving its fundraising strategic outcomes.
- Jointly develop and implement a franchise strategy with the operational team to ensure the long term sustainability of the business in line with strategic objectives.
Develop and deliver a fundraising marketing strategy, to ensure a consistent and integrated approach, maximising opportunities & available channels.
Comms & Engagement:
- Manage the research and tracking of our key audiences to develop our relationships and engagement with relevant groups whilst overseeing the channels used to communicate with these audiences in the most effective and timely manner.
- Build and sustain positive relationships with all key stakeholders internally and externally to ensure the overall objectives of Aerobility are understood.
- To oversee planning and project management of all key events to maximise income and engagement opportunities, working proactively to ensure positive brand advocacy
- Design and implement programme of appealing and creative fundraising propositions to engage key stakeholders in supporting the overall objectives of Aerobility.
- Ensure that fundraising plans are based on data and evidence of what works, and work to maximise the return on investment.
- Deliver all income targets in line with the business plan and fundraising strategy.
- Develops and presents the operating budget for Marketing Communications,
- Fundraising and engagement and, upon final budget approval, manages within agreed variances
- Work as an integral member of the senior leadership team, providing mutual support and challenge, taking cabinet responsibility as required to ensure positive teamwork and clear, joined up communications to all stakeholders.
Knowledge and Skills
- Positive track record of delivering the broad spectrum of fundraising in the charity sector, communications and engagement.
- Proven skills in delivering high quality work within constrained timescales and resources.
- Organised, including the ability to plan ahead and effectively manage the high and diverse workload.
- Strong analytical and conceptual reasoning skills.
- Effective communication skills (both written and oral), ability to communicate with a diverse range of people, willingness to learn/improvise new communication skills as required by Aerobility Flyers particular needs.
- Strong, credible impact, with sophisticated negotiation and conflict resolution style; able to take people with them.
Flexible, reliable and adaptable; able to build positive working relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders
- Collaborative working style with a clear focus on delivering outcomes
- Proficient in the use of a broad range of IT packages including but not limited to Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Able to take a proactive approach to ensuring up-to-date knowledge on issues in the disability, charity and aviation sector, maintaining commitment to equal opportunities and disability awareness
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.