The purpose of this post is to successfully deliver an ambitious fundraising target from charitable trust and foundations to support both capital and revenue fundraising. During this period of great transition due to the Covid-19 pandemic, some additional support duties to support the wider fundraising operation may be required.
The overall vision for Aerospace Bristol is:
An aviation heritage and learning centre in Patchway which inspires, entertains and informs present and future generations through their understanding of and engagement with the stories and collections of Bristol’s aerospace industry – past, present and future.
The aims are to:
• Enable a wide range of people to participate in and learn about the region’s aviation heritage
• Advance learning, skills and training particularly in science, technology, engineering and design, as well as heritage conservation skills
• Conserve the heritage for present and future generations to experience, appreciate and enjoy
• Celebrate the world class achievements of the aerospace industry and the people who made it possible.
Overview of the Role
The Trust Fundraiser working closely with the Development Manager is responsible for researching and writing bespoke applications to grant-giving trusts, foundations, and statutory programmes as appropriate.
The purpose of the role is to plan, develop and implement trust fundraising strategies in line with the organisational strategy and values.
The ideal candidate will take ownership of all aspects of trust and foundation fundraising, building strong, long-term relationships with trusts and foundations. You will communicate the organisation’s purpose and funding needs in a clear, consistent way to potential and existing trust funders through high quality applications and communications.
As the museum has many varied strands the post-holder must possess the ability to think laterally so as to package the elements of the case for support to match the application criteria in a compelling manner.
This opportunity will suit an individual with at least two years’ experience of proposal writing, to ideally in a similar role. We are interested to hear from those candidates who would like to fulfill the role on a part-time basis.
- To provide strategic oversight to securing income from trusts and foundations and manage a pipeline achieving a target agreed annually.
- To identify, research and prioritise potential new trusts and to advise the Development Manager of upcoming opportunities for grants to grow income.
- To liaise closely with other departments as required to plan and develop strong applications and proposals on deadline.
- Where appropriate, follow up approaches and check on progress to ensure that applications are fully considered by donors and that a relationship for the benefit of the Trust is established.
- To ensure strong stewardship of the donor portfolio, including prompt recognition of donations, regular information sharing, invitations to events and timely reports.
- To support the evaluation process by monitoring and reporting back to funders as appropriate, with input from other departments where necessary.
- Maintain and develop a detailed contact history with existing and potential funders using the organisation’s CRM database, Microsoft Dynamics.
- Some financial administration and processing of grants along with accurate maintenance of Trust records for reporting and audit purposes.
- Contribute ideas to the ongoing development of fundraising strategies and when required contribute to other written documents.
- To support the Development Manager in developing the fundraising budget, forecasting trusts and foundation income and monitoring success.
- Develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders, facilitating and hosting visits with Trust and Foundation Trustees and/or representatives.
- To contribute to key organisational priorities and support the development team as required.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Excellent writing and presentation skills, quick but with an attention to detail and the ability to think creatively.
- Excellent oral communication skills including diplomacy and emotional intelligence.
- Good organisation skills, ability to work under pressure, multi-task and prioritise workload.
- A proven ability to engage and nurture new and existing supporters.
- Excellent computer skills and experience of using fundraising databases.
- Knowledge and understanding of budgets and ability to summarise financial information accurately.
- ‘Can-do’ attitude, we are seeking someone who is reliable, hard-working, resilient, adaptable, enthusiastic and self-motivated.
- Confidence and the initiative to suggest, adapt and implement improvements to processes and procedures for the smooth running of the organisation.
- Have an understanding of the wider context of fundraising.
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn about relevant legislative requirements so as to operate within charity law, data protection legislation and comply with the Institute of Fundraising Codes of Practices.
- Willingness to learn about the Bristol Aero Collection Trust and to work within a small organisation with a small and part-time staff team.
This role is currently Home Based due to Covid-19 restrictions.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.